Monday, June 17, 2013

So, cool I had this way long letter and it was awesome and it just all
got erased. I hate my life. Jokes that's not even funny but I'll just
have to write you a hand written letter because I don't have anymore
time. Sorry. I love you all.

Love, sister Szabo

Sister Caldwell said I could have a few extra minutes to write since
it all got erased so here we go..

Thank you so much for the letter! I love love love hearing from you!
It is so nice to hear from you all. It gives me so much strength
throughout my week.

Monday we had this crazy rainstorm! I am not used to the weather here.
It was wild! And then we had 2 dinners. I thought I was going to die.
I have never ate so much in my entire life. But I'm so  thankful for
the members in our ward. They love having sister missionaries here so
they take such good care of us. And they are so missionary minded. It
is awesome!

Tuesday night we had dinner at this family in our ward named the
Krums. They are so so funny! I loved it. The dad just teased and
teased us and I was loving every second of it. I love the dinner
appointments like that because they make me feel like I'm at home. And
they have a river in their backyard and it was soo awesome! I was
loving it. The coolest yard ever. They had german chocolate cake for
dessert. Never thought I was going to have to eat that. but you bet I
ate every bit of it coconut and all. Later I found out that Sister
Caldwell doesn't like coconut either so we were both bearing through
it. OH and on Tuesday we met with a less active/part member family in
our ward and we commited her to baptism!! She is pretty involved in
her baptist church though so we're praying that she'll be able to
understand how important the gospel is. She is super awesome though.
She's set for July 13 but she didn't come to church yesterday but
we're meeting with her on Tuesday so hopefully we can help her
understand better the importance of all of this. I'm soo excited for
her though!

Wednesday we went to this less active family and the mom sat and
talked with us for hours! People can talk and talk out here like you
wouldn't believe. Her personality is like Amy's though so I was so so
happy to be there. I loved her the second we walked in because of it.
For dinner we went to another family in our ward, the Zondler's they
have a son on a mission and they have a lake in their backyard! I was
dying. I could have stayed there forever. It was the coolest thing
ever. They have  this litte dock that you can just sit and watch the
lake. the cutest. I fell in love with it. Then we had to hurry over to
Norfolk because Sister Caldwell was accompanying other missionaries
for a musical number so that was fun. It was a change up in our
schedule which was nice and it's always fun to see other missionaries.
Thursday we had our zone conference. Basically mission conference but
they can't call it that yet because the mission hasn't been officially
split. It was Sister and President Perry's goodbye to us and it was SO
good. It was like the closest thing to going home because you get to
see missionaries who you haven't seen in a while (a week for me but
still it was fun). I have a feeling I'm going to love those
throughout my entire mission. President Perry taught us something
really cool.
'STOP LOOK AND LISTEN" Stop and be still and pray. Look in the
scriptures. and Listen to the spirit. I love things that help me
change my perspective about the work that I'm doing.
Friday was actually cool and windy. I felt like I was in Utah again. I
miss Utah weather. I was loving every second of it. and WE MOVED! They
finally got us an apartment and it's the nicest thing ever. I have my
own closest and my own bathroom. I'm afraid I'm too spoiled right now
and later in my mission I'll not know what to do with myself. The Zone
leaders helped us move. They are the best elders ever! I am so
grateful for them. Whenever they help us out I always think of McKay
and how he must be the best of the best zone leader and I'm so
grateful for his example.
Saturday we have "Walk and Talk" where we just have to get out of our
car and walk and talk. duh haha. but I'm still learning to love it. It
was good though just really hot on Saturday. We did find a few people
who we made return appointments with so it is a good thing. I'm
excited about them! After we had mormon.org time where we can get on
mormon.org or any other church websites and keep up on the church new
and watch mormon messages or whatever so that was fun. If you ever
have any good mormon messages to watch let met know! After we went and
saw a less active/part member family in our ward. The Croys. They are
the best. People here are so so nice. We left their house with a stack
of information about the history of Virginia and their numbers in case
we ever get lost or need directions. I am so grateful for the kindness
of everyone here. It helps me so much. Then Saturday night and Sunday
we had Stake Conference. Our Stake covers 2 zones so there were like
50 missionaries there so that was lots of fun and President and Sister
Perry were there so it was so fun to see them again. The talks were
all so good. such a blessing to get to be there. And the Salem ward is
in our stake and I didn't know but Katie served there for forever I
guess and she is so loved and adored by everyone and in return they
all love and adore me. I was hugged and talked to forever after by
everyone that knows her and I was so grateful for that. Thank you
thank you Katie for your wonderful example to me and all of these
people here. Such a huge blessing for me!

We have a gym in our apartments which will be so good. They have the
stationary bike so hopefully I won't gain weight from all the food the
members feed us and all the candy I eat..We have been going for walks
in the morning though and I've loved them so I'm going to miss that.
Since Sister Caldwell drives I'm in charge of the phone and I HATE IT.
I was so happy to get away from my phone and I was just getting used
to not having one in the MTC and then she gave me this one. It's such
a blessing that they let us have them though. I can't imagine what it
would be like without them.
And since we moved we finally have an address so everyone should send
stuff to here except we have to be careful around transfers because
things can't get forwarded to us anymore from apartment to apartment
unless it's just from the mission home but my address is 904
Timber Valley Way Apt #132 Virginia Beach, VA 23464
I love you all soo much! thank you for everything! You guys are all
the best!! I'm so grateful to be in the family that I'm in. I LOVE
YOU!

Love, Sister Szabo

 Sister Caldwell and I with the Bayside sisters who we stayed with while we were waiting for our apartment.
Sister Caldwell and I celebrating with cookies because we're finally in our new apartment!  Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment