Sister Hymas and I have a goal this week to be nice because there's some people in our lives who really test our patience EVERY DAY. So here's my gratitude list...
1. I have a testimony of fasting but when I was set apart I was promised that fasting would have a new meaning to me as I fast for people I'm teaching and for other missionaries and I was thinking about that and about how I haven't really seen any huge miracles from fasting on my mission. Last fast sunday I fasted for a few individuals that we're working with and here's some neat miracles that we saw this week...
- K: talked to her Mom and her Mom told her that if this is what makes her happy then she guesses she's fine with it. Gods timing is perfect so when we asked her after fhe last week if we could start teaching her the lessons and she said yes because she had just talked to her Mom and has been praying really hard to know if she should join the church. Things worked out perfectly. and she's super awesome so that's a bonus.
- A B.: came to church and fhe this week.
- A C.: we FINALLY had a lesson with. She's such a good girl it amazes me. And her dad finally gave us her baptismal record back so we sent it in this week.
- Tori: is just awesome. she's coming with us to the Mullinex's fhe today and we've still been having boss in-home lessons with her every week. She's the best fellowshipper to EVERYONE and she's making us friendship bracelets and I love her. Her friend in VA and her Mom in Tennessee are taking the lessons from the missionaries right now :)
- S: won't call us or text us back. BOOO NOT A MIRACLE. but the miracle will come. hopefully this week :)
2. Brother Humphreys is seriously the best thing that ever happened to Havelock. He's the best WML EVER and I just love that man a lot.
3. One of the sisters in Morehead has the quote "Maybe He just TRUSTS you to do what's right." by Elder Bednar and I just thought it was kind of perfect :) I've really learned on my mission that God won't always give me a "clear" answer but that lots of times I have to act first.
4. I love every single time I pull out my cute planner that Molly made for me.
5. I've been in this ward for so long that a family who I helped move out because the husband got deployed so the wife went back to utah to have her baby just moved back in.
6. Sister Hymas is the best last companion. I love her.
7. Today during personal study I read Matthew 26 and I wrote a novel of a testimony in my study journal but nobody's got time for that so I'll just say that
- the atonement is REAL.
- i'm soooo grateful to have been raised in a family where the gospel is not just a church building that we go to once a week but that it's the center of our home and our lives.
- mom and dad are THE best parents in this entire world and are the greatest examples I ever could have asked for.
- i KNOW that the gospel is true because even though I can't give you all of the answers I know that down to the little details that I don't even understand that God knows what He's doing and that His plan is perfect.
I love y'all tons and tons and tons.
Most of all I'm grateful for each one of you.
Thank you for emailing!
Have a happy happy week!
Love, J/Sister Szabo
No comments:
Post a Comment