HAPPY ALL HALLOWS EVE!
We got kicked off the computer this morning and then went to New Bern for our Sisters Preparation Day so sorry for the late email.
Our Sisters Preparation Day went good! We carved pumpkins and had the caramel apple bar. Only 2 sets of sisters brought their assigned topping so that was kind of annoying but luckily Sister Hymas and I were bringing the crushed candy bars and we brought more than we had planned for so it all worked out. Anyway that means nothing to you..thank you for the idea! Everyone loved it.
This week we did lots of service but we saw lots of blessings because of it. We found 3 new investigators through members which was exciting! One is a girl who's 9. We've been teaching her brother and she always sits in on the lessons and is awesome. She turned 9 a few weeks ago so now she's actually considered an investigator. Another was a girl in our ward's boyfriend and I actually wasn't there for the lesson because we were on an exchange but I met him at church and he's such a good guy. The elders were teaching him but the family called us and asked if we could teach him instead. That was awkward but our elders already think we're brats anyway so it all worked out. And the other one was from a LA lady who I met months ago with Sister Hurley and we were finally able to catch her home again and we set up a return appointment for this past Sunday and we taught her and her kids and she wants her kids to be baptized! Her son is 13 and her daughter is 8. They're adorable and have the best manners. We have lots of good things set up for this week! We're really excited!
We went on exchange with the Washington Sisters. It's weird having a 7 week transfer so we only have to do 1 exchange a week if we want to. I went to Washington and almost everything fell through but we still had lots of fun together. And I got to be in my first trio so that was fun! I'm glad I've never served in one because they're awkward to teach in but the sisters I was with were pretty cool cats. Also a recent convert that we taught said "the Book of Mormon just jives with me" and I realized yet again that I am definitely not in Utah :)
I have this fear that the Lord is preparing me right now by making me aware that something that will be hard for me when I'm home is not living "the pattern" that Sister Hymas and I do everyday. We really really love each other and have our routine down and I'm afraid to have to go home and figure out how to live again. I think one of the hardest parts for me will be not being with Sister Hymas. Good thing she comes home in February. And Molly will just have to deal with me being crazy companion on her for weeks :)
On Saturday we did service for this family and we literally destroyed their bathroom. We took everything out from the wall paper to the tile to the toilet to the sink and cabinets. We learned how to put in tile and paint. It was fun. At one point I went crazy and was picking up tile as fast as I could that Sister Hymas was beating with a hammer to loosen and break up and later she compared me to the show Molly and Lunette (?). The clown lady who is a clock at one point in the show. Mols and I were obsessed with it. Anyway Sister Hymas compared me to her when she picks up the messy room at a super fast speed. We were both crying we were laughing so hard. She's such a good companion.
Fun facts for this week:
- Remember last summer when I got really bad leg cramps? They came back this week. It was awful. I've been taking those pills that dad sent me and putting on deep blue and they seem to be slowly going away.
- When my life isn't organized I'm a stress case. God is teaching me a lot about myself.
THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE! We put up our decorations and I have a serious candy problem. We were so happy to open it and Sister Hymas loves Halloween so it made this holiday even better.
I love y'all a lot a lot! Thank you for all you do! Have a fun Halloween!
Love, Sister Szabo
FHE last week. Tori. Hymas. Szabo. Katie. Laura
Sisters Preparation day
#rebels4lyfe
Jeppson. Jacobsen. Szabo
Companionship gone wrong.....
Jokes.We were fixing our ghetto blinds and they fell down and hit me. The picture doesn't do the bruise justice.
No comments:
Post a Comment