Monday, September 23, 2013

HELLO HELLO!
 
I cannot believe that it is Monday again. I usually write down things in a little notebook that I want to tell you throughout the week and last night I realized that I hadn't written hardly anything down and it was Sunday night. What?!? This week flew by. Time flies when you're having fun right? I continue to learn from Sister Anderson every single day. She's the best. I don't know how she lives with me. I have A LOT of weaknesses and she has a lot of patience. Our companion studies are the best though and she gives me a new perspective of things every single day. 

We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders this week. (Turns out even though Sister Caldwell is in my zone, she's not my Sister Training Leader because of how the numbers worked out.) I went to Great Bridge (Sister Anderson's last area) with Sister Tarwater (Sister Anderson's trainer). It was so good! Exchanges always make me nervous but once I'm there I learn so much. Sister Tarwater is AMAZING! She is 30 and had a career (she worked at Primary Childrens Hospital as a Child Life Specialist and she has been to hair school and lived in New York) and she said she got a blessing and a few days later she knew she was supposed to come on a mission so here she is. She literally put life on hold to serve the Lord. She is so great! She has life figured out which makes her an even better missionary. Something that she is awesome at that I learned that I need to be better at is extending invitations to everyone. Most people, when you knock on their door, aren't interested in what you have to say, but you can always leave them with an invitation whether it's to read the Book of Mormon or a pamphlet or even just to pray, whatever, our purpose is to bring them closer to Christ and those invitations are what helps them to do that. Also, something really cool that she taught me is that if we don't give those invitations then how will we ever know who is being prepared by the Lord and is ready. That familiar scripture, "after the trial of our faith" is true for extending commitments too. We will never know unless we ask. We also talked about how both of us feel like one of the reasons that we had to come on a mission is to help us know how to be better member missionaries. That sounds silly but that's something that I see every single day. I know this mission is preparing me for the rest of my life. I read something somewhere (ha specific I know) but in it it said "Make a commitment to be a missionary for the rest of your life." I like that a lot.

We're still teaching T** and it's going soo well! We're finally starting to figure out how he learns best and we're really relying on the Spirit and he's starting to understand and it's super cool! He has the Plan of Salvation down and we're going to start teaching him gospel this week. Now lets just hope I don't get transferred. Transfer calls come this Sunday. AH! 

I don't know if I've told you about S** before. She's a member of our bishopric's daughter and she's less active and when we first got here he told us to get her out teaching with us and she's super awesome. We were at her house this week and we watched the coolest Mormon Message that Sister Anderson had about this YW that's going to the temple and while we were watching it I had this thought come, well it was the Spirit, but the thought just said "S** is one of the reasons that you're in the Kempsville Ward." I hadn't felt that before and it was crazy and cool and weird and everything else in between. I love S** a lot and we really click and I don't know why she doesn't come to church right now but we're going to get her there and reading her scriptures and really becoming converted. I think I'm going to be friends with her for life :) 

I love you all A LOT! Thank you for everything you do and for your support. Keep being so great!

Love, Sister Szabo

 The Saunders family is moving. I love them A LOT! And they will be missed BUT they're moving to Orem and I gave them your address and phone number so hopefully you'll run into them. They're amazing!
Also, Elder McClellan wanted me to point out that he photo bombed the picture in the window. He's one of my Zone Leaders and he's AWESOME! He goes home in December.
Exchanges in Great Bridge with Sister Tarwater 
 Exchanges - Sister Szabo, Sister Wylie, Sister Tarwater, Sister Anderson
Sister Smith and I. I went on exchanges with her in Salem last transfer and I forgot to get a picture with her so we took one after District Meeting on Friday. She's from New York and she's super great! I love her a lot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment