We had Zone Conference this week and it was super good. President Baker asked us to start teaching the Restoration at our dinner appointments to the members instead of just sharing a scripture. He said that the members don't need to get excited about missionary work, they are excited. They need to learn that they can receive revelation about who in their lives are ready to hear the gospel and stop feeling guilty about doing nothing about it so here we go.. Sister Baker gave us this new book that the church just put out for missionaries. It's called "Adjusting to Mission Life" and this is the silliest thing but I am so happy about it. It's comforting just knowing that everyone has struggles as a missionary and that some of things I thought that I was the only one dealing with, lots of other missionaries are dealing with as well. It's all about stress management and making goals to improve so of course I love it :) Also, President Baker finally talked more about no backpacks. By January 1 we can't wear backpacks anymore and for right now if we wear them we have to take it off when we're in the church or in a home so that makes it no fun to wear one so I know you just sent me a package but when you get a chance could you send me that other bag that we talked about earlier? My backpack is falling apart anyway so I guess it all works out.
I think I told you last week that we started teaching an 11 year old boy who has some disabilities and it's stinkin hard! I do not know how to teach little kids. I feel like he's just not getting it but we had dinner at the Ankney's last night and Sister Ankney is the best thing ever and she printed out these visuals for the Plan of Salvation and even laminated them for us. I don't miss facebook and stuff like that but I do miss being able to get on the computer and look things up whenever I want. It would be especially nice as a missionary since now I need to be more creative than I've ever been before. Oh well though, it will all work out. If anyone has any advice on teaching little kids it would be much appreciated.
Saturday we had a service day! We were at a member's house at 7 helping them set up for a yard sale and then we cleaned the church and then we were at another member's house helping them pack and move until our dinner appointment. It was ridiculous! But I loved it! I love service days. I love wearing skirts and dresses but it was nice to be in jeans for a change. Like half the ward was at the move too so that was fun to be with them all day. and then Saturday night we had an awesome lesson with the Croys. We watched the Patterns of Light Videos by Elder Bednar with them and it went really well. I'm still not sure if right now is their time to accept the gospel and make those commitments but I'm not giving up on them. I love them a lot.
Missions are hard people. The hardest thing I've ever done and Satan is the worst but I can't believe I've made it through another week and that this is week 4 of transfers. I don't want to leave Kempsville or Sister Anderson. She is seriously the best companion ever. I have never met someone more patient than her. I know I'm not easy to live with, especially here when I'm crying every other second, but she's the best and she keeps us going strong all day, every day.
I think that what I've learned the most so far on my mission is how important those "primary" answers are. I saw that in my life before I came, that when I made mistakes I would have gone way farther off the path had I not still been in the habit of reading my scriptures and praying and going to church, but especially now as I've been able to see that it's these people here, whether they've been baptized for 1 year or been a member for their entire life, that it's the ones who LIVE the gospel, who read their scriptures daily and pray and do all those little things that they're the ones who are converted and who have got this gospel "figured out."
I love you all A LOT! and I hope that this week calms down a little for y'all. Thank you for the letters and emails and prayers! They mean more than you'll ever know.
Love, Sister Szabo

No comments:
Post a Comment