Monday, September 30, 2013

Transfer calls came.. :( Sister Anderson and I were both really hoping that we just didn't get a call because we both didn't even feel like it should be transfer calls already.. but we got one and it was President Baker that called. He said that he really struggled with knowing what to do with us and that he's sad to take us apart from each other (I don't know maybe he tells that to everyone he talks to but it made us feel better). Anyway....Sister Anderson is getting transferred to Willamsburg and I am staying in Kempsville. I was SHOCKED. I thought if we got a transfer call it would be because I was leaving but apparently the Lord has more for me to do here. I'm really grateful to stay. Yesterday I had the thought that I'm just not ready to leave yet so I'm grateful for the chance to keep learning and growing with all these amazing people. I can't even remember my new companion's name (whoops) but she's coming up from North Carolina and she just finished training someone. Next week I'll give you the detes on her :) 
I'm really sad to have Sister Anderson go. I felt like it was just last week that we met and that I was terrified to take over the area and now she's leaving. We've become really good friends and I've really learned so much from her. I love her a lot. We even just made a "skinny jeans/purple skirt" plan to get into shape so now I have to have that motivation all by myself to work out harder and eat less. Yay. Also, both of our elders are getting shotgunned out and two new elders are coming in so lucky me I get to be the only missionary here who knows anyone..we'll see how it goes. I'm going to talk to Elder Gremmert tonight because that's what he had to do when we got here. I'm really terrified but I know that this is what the Lord needs me to do. 

Besides transfer calls I don't even know what to write. What kind of things do y'all want to hear about? 
We had a really good week and even with that I've been a stress case all week. Sometimes I worry that I won't become the person that the Lord needs me to become by the end of my mission because I have soo many weaknesses but that's silly because the Lord is teaching me a lot and I just need to take it one thing at a time.

The R.S. Broadcast was SO good! It was kind of a hard day for me because although I was so excited for it, it made me homesick. I've realized even more being out here how much I love family traditions and just little things that didn't seem like much that we did together. I might as well learn now though because it's not like I'm going to even be at home for the rest of my life. The Stake here is awesome though and they had this fun "Souper Social" before and we ate dinner and then watched the Broadcast and it was lots of fun. I got to see Sister Caldwell too which was so good. She's amazing. I miss her a lot. I'm glad we still get to be in the same zone. Anyway, I'm rambling now so thank you all for writing and for all the pictures. I LOVED THEM! p.s. Ang, your hair is WAY TOO LONG. Cut that ish off. (that probably wasn't dignified. sorry.) The Family Dinner looked like lots of fun though! And I'm surprised you got Samuel there...jokes love you Samuel :) Keep being so great. I love you all! 

Love, Sister Szabo the Younger (isn't Mols the best thing ever!)

P.S. Thank you EVERYONE for your advice on teaching little kids. Such an answer to my prayers. I'm so grateful for all the advice that I received. It really is something that I'm learning I just don't know how to do but it's been really cool to have to teach the lessons so simply. It's helping strengthen my testimony and helping me in my teaching all around because when I know simply what these things mean I'm able to understand things even more myself.

Sister Anderson shares my love of hot chocolate so we decided that since it's fall and this is our last P-day together that we would have hot chocolate while we e-mailed. There's a coffee thing (whatever it's called..can you tell I was sheltered from the world and I'm fine with it.) in the place where we e-mail and it always makes us want to have hot chocolate so we decided that today was the day. (Sorry it's not the best picture. It was kind of an awkward situation.)

 We have to get creative in our teaching with Tyler. Sister Anderson is super creative though and thinks of the best ideas. These were our "ladder"s for Lesson 3: The Gospel. 
And yes I am in my pajamas and yes that is how I did my hair that day. We were weekly planning after :)

This is Tyler. He's great. He has this cute little giggle and it makes us happy. Sister Anderson had to get a picture with him because yesterday was our last time teaching him before she leaves :( hopefully my next companion had the calling as a primary teacher before she came.

No comments:

Post a Comment