Monday, October 21, 2013

T had his baptism Saturday and he was confirmed in church yesterday. It was so great! We had to have it at the Sandbridge building and it was the craziest thing ever to plan but I'm so proud of him for how far he's come since we first started meeting with him. We sat by his family in church Sunday and I was so happy. He is the happiest kid I have ever met and my testimony has been strengthened so much from teaching him.  Friday night we had a lesson with him but we had to meet him at the library. So I sat, in a dress, on the curb in the library parking lot and sang songs and read scriptures and prayed with an 11 year old boy. Missionaries do the weirdest things but they're the best things too. 

I'm sure that y'all have read it and I'm embarrassed to say that I just read it and only because a lady in our ward asked us to help her with her Relief Society lesson next week and it's on this talk but I read President Monson's talk from Priesthood Session from April 2013 Conference and it's the best talk ever! Everyone should read it/read it again. (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/come-all-ye-sons-of-god?lang=eng&query=come+all+ye+sons+of+godPresident Monson gives us a formula that will "ensure our success" for missionary work. That's a pretty neat promise from a Prophet of God. As I was reading it again this morning I was thinking that this is how we be member missionaries too Mom. I don't know, maybe this isn't what you wanted but I thought it was pretty great. Also, he says in it "I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one." Thank you for your support and the sacrifices that you are making. I know I whine a lot but I really do love that I get to be here and I am very grateful for all that everyone is doing to make this possible.

On Thursday we were deciding whether we should go see a less active or contact these referrals and we both really wanted to contact the referrals because we desperately need more investigators but we felt like we should go see the less active so we did and she had a nonmember friend there who wants to come to church so we taught her the Restoration and she said that she would be baptized when she comes to know that the Book of Mormon is true. Miracles happen when we are but willing to follow the Spirit people. 

I know that this is Christ's church on the earth today.
I love you all! Thank you for everything! 

Love, Sister Szabo

Happy 1/2 birthday to me! Sister Landon made me this sign. Isn't she the best?!
 T's Baptism!

 We both tried sushi for the first time! AH! It was so good though. We forgot to take a picture but then at dinner they had these dessert sushis for the kids so we HAD to take a picture with them so we could always remember the day we actually tried real sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment