I can't believe I'm emailing again. And that it's almost November. This transfer is flying. Elder McDermott goes home this transfer (I may have already told you that, sorry if I did.) and yesterday Elder Muncy was teasing him and said that he only has 16 more days until he goes home which really means that we only have 18 more days of this transfer. What?! And this week is a crazy one. We have a Sisters Conference tomorrow and then on Halloween we have to be in by 6 so it's going to be interesting to see how it all turns out. It will be good though.
The weather is staying like fall here which has been really nice since at home I feel like we get a few days of it and then it leaves (no pun intended hahaha I've always wanted to be able to say that!). It's no bueno that I have no jacket though but cardigans have become my best friend. People are wearing boots and it makes me miss all of my fall clothes. That's super worldly of me but it is what it is. :)
(The lady on the computer next to me just asked me what church we're from. She's a Mormon. Inactive and her husband is Catholic. She didn't know they had Mormon churches out here. God is in the detail of this work.)
We had dinner at the A's this week. (J and her husband.) They're like my grandparents out here. I love them a lot. Brother A is super funny and him and I just tease each other the whole time. It took me all of dinner but I convinced him to come to the Book of Mormon class after dinner and I think secretly he loved it. Also, S was there even though she had a super busy night which was awesome!
I read this quote by President Utchdorf this week from the YW Broadcast and I really really liked it and I think it's good for everyone because missionary work is scary and it is hard but I think he says it perfectly. He says, "It is not your responsibility to convert anyone. That is the work of the Holy Ghost. Your task is to share your beliefs and to not be afraid. Be a friend to all, but never compromise your standards. Stand true to your convictions and faith. Stand tall, because you are a daughter of God, and he stands with you!"
Really I'm not really sure what else to write about this week. I wish y'all could just read my study journal because I'm learning so much and I want to share what I'm learning with everyone! The gospel is so true. I'm learning more about my relationship with Heavenly Father and how much he loves me and everyone. And I'm learning a lot about agency. I fought for agency. If I was willing to fight for something then it must be pretty darn important. Also, we watched the Mormon Message about Stephanie Nelson (?) this week. I've read her book and I knew her story before but I had never seen the Mormon Message and it's soo good! Y'all should watch it. I really learned a lot from it. I'm learning a lot about myself from being out here. Things that I feel like I should have realized a long time ago. I have a lot of weaknesses and I'm not very patient with myself and I know that as I work on that, that the Lord will strengthen my weaknesses and make me strong and capable because He's promised me that He will. His enabling power of the Atonement is the only reason I can get through every day and I will forever be grateful for it.
M, the lady we met at Jill's last week, got called into work so we couldn't meet with her this week :( but we did find a new investigator at a less actives house again this week. She was one of the names the Bishop had given us to go and teach all of the lessons to and she's super awesome she just won't come to church but her son's girlfriend was there and she had a Mormon friend when she was younger and she's interested in learning more! Hopefully she doesn't cancel on us too. But we're hopeful for all that this crazy week is going to bring us!
I love you all! The gospel is true! The Atonement is real. And because of it we never have to be alone as we continually progress to become better.
Thank you for everything!
Love, Sister Szabo
I got the Sisterhood of the Traveling Necklace. SO happy about it!
We had a Super Saturday Relief Society Activity. (They do the funnest activities here in YW and Relief Society.) Anyway, Sister Smith-Robinson bought us a craft to do and here they are :)


No comments:
Post a Comment