Wasn't General Conference the best?!? It's so weird to me that there are SO many people here who don't even know that it happened this weekend or that we even have a living prophet on the earth today. THEY ARE MISSING OUT! We watched it at the Stake Center (all 4 sessions) and all of the missionaries in our stake had to as well so that was a PARTY! Really though, it was lots of fun. It still weirds me out that conference here was from 12-2 and 4-6. I never really think about the time difference until things like that happen. Also, basically I'm a mom and I love handing out treats to everyone down the row. All of the other missionaries thank you for the skittles and jolly ranchers :) Elder McDermott said they kept him awake hahah he goes home this transfer and he's the best! He's one of the new elders in my ward. Along with Elder Muncy. THEY ARE AWESOME! And I love them a lot already. ( In a missionary appropiate way of course!) This is going to be a good good transfer!
Saying bye to Sister Anderson was HARD! One of the hardest things I've had to do so far but having to leave Sister Caldwell was too and I've come a long way in 6 weeks so I knew that this is what the Lord needed me to do. Sister Landon is my new companion. She's from Idaho Falls and she's had a few rough transfers so we're going to change that right around :) She's super awesome and I've learned a lot from her already. She may think that I have ADD and bipolar though..I've been a little crazy this weekend so far. I'm not really sure what's happening to me. But really she's super great and is just what I need. The Lord definitely knows what he's doing.
Also, THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE! I cried when I read your letter Mom. It was the best thing ever and as I went through more and more of it and saw all of the Conference stuff I was so happy. I was just telling Sister Anderson about how I was going to miss Conference Bingo. BEST THING EVER. Really thank you. The notebook and shade shirts (which I desperately needed.) and everything was soo great! I was so excited about the hot chocolate too. Y'all are the best!
I feel like I just wrote a lot of random things down that I wanted to tell you so here we go..
- we had Zone Meeting this week and we talked a lot about how each of us can have a "successful mission" So I went into General Conference with that question. We're supposed to write it down so I'll let you know when I solidify it all.
- we got up at 6 today (way too early!) to play oompa loompa with the 2 zones in VA Beach. It's a mix of football, ultimate frisbee and basketball. I was awful at it but it was lots of fun.
- sometimes I still think it's weird when people I get close to call me Sister Szabo. It's fine. I'm slowly getting used to all of this.
- and I'm almost out of time so I love you all! Keep being so amazing!
Love, Sister Szabo
We did service for a nonmember who sells Scentsy and she gave us each one for free!
She's the best! We were soo happy!
Transfer Meeting - Sister Anderson and I
and Sister Landon and I
I really was SO happy about Conference Bingo!
Sister Szabo, Sister Landon, Elder Muncy and Elder McDermott
It was Elder Muncy's birthday yesterday so we made cupcakes for him and all the missionaries had them in between sessions. Also, this one is really for Amy because I finally got to wear her cute apron that she sent me!



No comments:
Post a Comment