Monday, January 20, 2014

My computer has been frozen for the past 20 minutes so I may or may not have just ate my entire bag of gold fish and drank 1/2 the thing of lemonade that the office has here..it's fine. Computers are frustrating and the Lord is definitely trying my patience. Probably because I need to learn to have more :) 

Last Monday we went to Norfolk and were going to see this ship and we get to the door and IT'S CLOSED on Mondays. I was dying! So we decided to make our own fun and have a picture scavenger hunt around the "skreets of Norfolk". It was lots of fun actually. Then we went to the mall and it was SO weird. I kind of hated it because I didn't even want to shop. It was too weird as a missionary. BUT we're just walking through the mall and all of the sudden I see Sister Caldwell! I was freaking out. It was way too much fun. They were having a STL Preparation day so they had come down to Norfolk for the day. It made me real happy.

We went on exchanges this week. I always hate the thought of exchanges and then once I'm on it I love it. I went with Sister Tarwater to Great Bridge and it was definitely what I needed. We had lots of fun and it was a relief to just be able to do whatever with her and not have to be the one who is supposed to know everything. She's super great. It's gross though that all of these missionaries who still had so long when I first got here go home so soon. I hate it! Time is going by way too fast.

We went on Ward Council visits this week and all of the girls went together. It was fun. And we had an AWESOME lesson with Sister Rock and B on Thursday. Holy cow! Sister Rock bore the most powerful testimony. It was so great. And On Saturday we had a Relief Society breakfast and we invited the whole world and we realized that all of the less actives that we got there were the ones who we had asked members to call and invite them as well or pick them up or whatever. Obviously we need to be working with the ward better because that's where we see our most success. The breakfast was super fun though. It's so good to be able to get to know people better and see them in different settings.

Brother McKelvey started training our ward missionaries at correlation meeting this week. There's such good things going on in this ward. I'm kind of in denial that I'm ever going to have to leave. Hey my friend from Snow though, Nate, was in his first area for 7 1/2 months and he just got transferred back so you never know :)

We did LOTS of service this week and it was soo great! I love when people will actually let us help. We even went over to the Giffords yesterday because they thought they had more time and then turns out they had to have all of their stuff packed by 10 this morning.  It was good and they're awesome! They just went through the temple on Saturday and they bore the most powerful testimonies in Sacrament Meeting. They're moving back to Idaho. One day I'm just going to run into them or something :) I'm convinced that's going to happen with me and like half the people in this ward though. I just love them all a lot. 

Well I feel like I just rambled about nothing because I wrote down nothing in my notebook this week and my brain is gone because I'm so frustrated about this stinkin computer. I love you all though and I'm sooo grateful for all of you! HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!

Love, Sister Szabo

These pictures will mean nothing to you but they're all the pictures we had to get on our picture scavenger hunt in Norfolk last week. We tend to have to make our own fun a lot of the times :)

P.S. the first picture is us at Tropical Smoothie. Not on the list but we figured we just HAD to go in. It's me, Sister Whittle, Sister Adamson and Sister Pace. We did one of each companionships in each group. 





 We thought this was picture worthy. This is us eating dinner at 9:30 AT NIGHT because we literally had no time in our day to eat earlier. I really love busy busy days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment