Monday, January 6, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe that it's 2014! 

We had an inter-faith concert at our church on Saturday with the Salem Ward and B came and she even brought her friend! It was awesome! There's nothing like some black people religious music. We were loving it. AND she came to church on Sunday. Sister Rock's baby got blessed so she invited B to come and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason she came but we'll take what we can get. I love that woman a lot. 

We had a lesson with H this week. Everyone in her family smokes, including her. We had to use our lunch hour after to shower because we literally smelled that bad. Oh my goodness it's disgusting. But she has so much potential. I don't think I've ever been so bold in my entire life. She wouldn't commit to a baptismal date though. We prayed about it with her and literally the second the prayer was done she was like "Does anyone need something to drink?" I wanted to scream. Sister Cahoon was the one who committed her to baptism though! I was so proud of her! She's such a good missionary. 

We also had a lesson with A this week. We brought S with us. (She got called into the Primary and so now she has to come to church every week. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my entire life.) He made us stand outside in the freezing cold and he was the worst! He wouldn't ever let us finish what we were trying to say. It made me so frustrated. After trying to leave for the longest time and after none of us saying anything for probably 20 minutes because he wouldn't even take a breath I just stopped him and told him we had to go and told him to read the Book of Mormon and promised him if he would pray with a sincere heart and real intent that he would receive a witness that it's true. After S said, "I could tell when you started to lose it that if Sister Szabo was losing her patience then it was time to go." I was dying. I feel like I'm learning so much patience but obviously it's still a weakness of mine :) God definitely knows what He's doing.

We were over at the Brimhalls on New Years and Sister Brimhall was telling us about this book that she had just read called "My One Word" (Mom it sounds like a book that you and I would love.). Instead of making New Years Resolutions you choose one word that you're going to have be your focus for the year and instead of choosing things that you want to do to become better you let the Lord direct you through your word into the person that He needs you to be become. I'm kind of obsessed with it. I'm going to do it this year and see how it goes. My word is "enjoy" I've thought a lot about it and prayed about it and I'm really excited about it. I've already learned so much and it's only been a few days.

President Baker told me in my letter last week that he had a strong impression that I needed to train this transfer and I've thought a lot about that this week. I think that one of the reasons that I need to is because it's helping make me a better missionary. Sister Cahoon is awesome and could have been trained by anyone but the Lord is strengthening my desire and I know that this is going to be the best year ever if I'll work harder than I've ever worked and be exactly obedient. I love the work that I'm doing and I love being a missionary.

I love my District. I feel like we're all really friends just unified in the same purpose and it's so much fun. District Meetings are a party every week and I learn so much. I'm so grateful for all that the Lord is teaching me.

I love you all! Have the best week/year! Yay for 2014! 

Love, Sister Szabo

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment