Monday, April 21, 2014

and the world was painted yellow (we hate pollen)

HAPPY EASTER! 

We're all done with exchanges for the transfer! I can't believe it! Sister Hurley and I get to be companions with just each other for the week. We don't even know what to do with ourselves we're so excited. We went on exchanges this week with the 3 sets of Sisters in Greenville. I was in Greenville for 3 days! It was wild! I went Tuesday morning and came back Friday morning. I felt like I was on a vacation. When we drove back into Havelock (only to leave to Morehead right away for District Meeting haha) I said "I wonder if this is what it feels like when you get home from your mission. You see things that you recognize and feel like you're "at home" but are sad at the same time because you had to leave the place you just came from. We had a lot of fun in Greenville. Some of the Sisters there are struggling and this is selfish but sometimes those exchanges are nice too because it actually makes me feel needed and like I'm doing something instead of just spending the day with a different companion. President is cracking down on the rules though so we'll see how exchanges go in the future with trying to make sure everyone is "following the rules." So far I haven't had to correct anyone on anything and it's been real nice. We've been over good Sisters this transfer.

Monday - my birthday was AWESOME! The members who signed up to feed us dinner had a big FHE at their house and we had a big passover dinner. It was weird but actually really fun.
Tuesday - we were on exchange with the Greenville YSA Sisters. They have a senior couple who serves in their area and that night we were out with them trying to contact some LA's and we had to park out of the gated community and walk in and the further we walked the worse the weather got. It started pouring rain and the wind was wild! Sister Stefler was not a happy camper at the end of it but Sister Jones and I were just laughing and laughing. I love missionary life.
Wednesday - we were on exchanges with the Greenville 2 Sisters. Sister Jasperson served in VA Beach with me so that was fun. I went with Sister Glaser and we had a lot of fun. This is only her second transfer so it was weird to feel like an old missionary. That night, because they don't have couches or extra furniture we went back over the other Sister's apartment with them (The YSA and 1 Sisters live together) and had a big sleepover. It was SUPER FUN!
Thursday - we went on exchange with the Greenville 1 Sisters. This is Sister McAllister's last transfer. She was a STL before so I was real intimidated but we had so much fun and I met the craziest people. Real southern hospitality in Greenville. When I get home remind me to tell you about Margie. I have to be in person to show you what she was like. HILARIOUS! I had the neatest experience too..when we were starting our exchange on Tuesday with the YSA Sisters we ate at Subway and a guy that worked there asked me how I say my name and on Thursday night with Sister McAllister I taught him and his family the gospel and they have so much potential. When he walked into the room I thought "Wow he looks really familiar but where would I have ever seen him before" and he didn't recognize my face but when Sister McAllister said my name during the lesson it clicked and he remembered me only because he had asked me my name on Tuesday. There are no coincidences people! God is so real and life is so good when we recognize it!
Friday - we had District Meeting and ASHLEY GOT BAPTIZED! I don't know that I have ever been happier. I'm so glad I got to come to Havelock and meet her and have the opportunity to teach her. She's so amazing! On Sunday we walked with her and R, her boyfriend who we just started teaching, to church and she got confirmed. And we had such a fun Easter. 

Life is real good people. I love being a missionary and I love being companions with Sister Hurley.
I love you!

Love, Sister Szabo

p.s. When I get home make me remember this quote from the white handbook "When you go home, do not forget those you have taught. At all times live worthy of their trust."

Sister McAllister just sent these to me..this is Margie! 


 Greenville Exchanges



 matches dresses & deep fried oreos with Renee

 matching dresses
ASHLEY'S BAPTISM!
funny story about the matching dresses. I bought that dress at Wal-Mart right before I came to Havelock and Sister Hurley liked it and so she bought the blue one and then she wore it at a lesson with Ashley (when I wasn't there) and Ashley liked it so much that she went and bought one thinking that she was buying a different color and now we all have the same dress which of course meant that we all had to match at the baptism. 


No comments:

Post a Comment