I think I told you last week that this was Sister Hurley's and my first week together without any exchanges and we had SO much fun!We made it through transfer calls. I can't believe that it's already been a transfer. Time is going by way way too fast. Holy smokes. I'm soo excited to stay in Havelock for another transfer with Sister Hurley. There's lots of new Sisters coming to our Stake so exchanges will be lots of fun too. (p.s. Sister Cahoon is coming to Harkers Island and I'm so excited to see her and hear all about Kempsville. I miss that place. I decided that I would go back in a second but it's only for selfish reasons so it's probably not going to happen.)Sometimes I forget that y'all only know what's going on in my life if I email you about it and I feel like I don't email you even half of the things that are going on so sorry if I talk about things like you should already know :)A. C. is one of our investigators. She's 15 and AMAZING. She's soooo prepared but her dad wouldn't let her get baptized. She came with us to the concert this Saturday and after she asked her dad if she could get baptized and he said YES! We're SO excited! She's set for May 24 because May 31 is the youth temple trip and she's so excited to go to the temple.Yesterday at church we got out of PEC a little bit early so we were making all of these church phone calls and we couldn't get a hold of A. B. or R so we went to A's house. She hasn't come a Sunday without us going there first and waking her up and walking with her but when we went on Sunday she wasn't there. We looked for her in front of R's house and on the way back to the church but we didn't see her and we were super bummed and before church we were talking with A. C. about how her dad said yes and so we walk into Sacrament Meeting a little bit late and sit down and A. B. and R were sitting in there. They came all by themselves. We were SOO happy! And after we were talking to them about how next week is Fast and Testimony Meeting and R goes "Fasting? I'll fast." And he wrote down his testimony and is so excited for us to read it next time we see him. We're going to try and set him with a date at our next lesson.
The Kibler's are members in our ward. She grew up in the church and he just got baptized in February. He's one of those people who you would have no idea he's a RC (recent convert) unless he tells you because he's so solid. Last week they had us over for dinner and had 2 of their friends there for a lesson. And tonight we're going over for a FHE with even more of their nonmember friends.THERE ARE SO MANY MIRACLES HAPPENING IN HAVELOCK! It's such a neat experience to be serving here right now. We set kind of high April goals for our key indicators but this week we're going to have the faith to reach them all because we're actually so close because there has been so many miracles happening. I really believe it's because we're STL's (sister trainer leaders) and the Lord is blessing this place because it's so crazy always having different Sister Missionaries here.On Saturday the Nashville Tribute Band came and did a concert and President gave all of the missionaries in the Kinston Zone permission to go if you had a LA (less active) or an investigator. It was so much fun! You could probably say that we're kind of obsessed with their music now if we weren't already before. They have a new cd and Mom you should listen to "M.O.M.". All of the missionaries were taking a picture together and a lady who's a RC came up and was saying how she wished that she could thank all of our parents and Sister Hurley and I may have started to tear up.We have a crazy week ahead of us and I'm so excited. Sister Bowen is coming to spend the week with us until transfers because her companion went home and on Saturday we're going to Richmond to see Elder Bednar!!I LOVE YOU ALL! lots and lotsI KNOW this gospel is true.And that the Atonement is real.It's the only reason that any of us are where we're at right now.Also, read the Book of Mormon. I promise it will answer your questions.Have a wonderful week!Love, Sister Szabo
Ashley C. Sister Hurley Sister Szaboour car ride up to Kinston to the concert!
Sister Hurley Sister Szabo Elder Friend Elder Swenson
They took pictures of all of the ward members and they're up on the bulletin board in the hallway of the church so we decided that we needed our picture up there too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment