Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Worry looks around. Sorry looks back. Faith looks up. Look up."

This week was loooong and exhausting! BUT so so good! Being sick as a missionary is no bueno but we had no time to slow down so we pushed through and here we are to another Monday. We went on three exchanges this week: Greenville 1, Greenville 2 and Woodington Sisters. Sister Pace (who served in Havelock for 9 months) came to Havelock with me and we had SO much fun and we saw so many miracles from her coming back. We were able to get into a lot of doors and set up return appointments with people who she worked with. I'm excited to be friends with her at home one day. She's hilarious. Y'all would love her. We both went to Greenville for our exchange with the G2 Sisters and I went with Sister Whetton who's a newb. She is AWESOME. Holy smokes I love her. I could just see her potential for being a leader in this mission one day. I learned so much from her. I don't feel like I've been out for a very long time until I'm with new missionaries and then I feel like an oldie. Then I got to go to Woodington with Sister Taylor. Wow I LOVE Woodington so much. It's so country and so beautiful and I love it there. They had a member bring them to exchange with us and the car keys got left in Sister Murphy's bag which went to Havelock. Lets just say it was definitely the most interesting exchange I've ever been on. I was just real glad to be back with Sister Hymas at the end of the week. I love that girl a lot and I'm so grateful that I'm companions with her. 

L is AWESOME. We had a lesson with her this week and at the end she started asking us questions about being on a mission and she told us that one day she hopes she can go on a mission. I plan to be at the temple when she goes through in preparation to leave on her mission. I love her.

T is still awesome awesome awesome. She literally may be the kindest person that I have ever met. Only after mom. Brother Carter came home from the field this morning and he's only had bad experiences coming home from the field in the past and so she stayed up and decorated the house for him and made him this stinkin legit cake AFTER she had been to the hospital to see B and had made a casserole for linger longer at church and had a lesson with us. She's basically going to be a Relief Society President one day. At church yesterday it was ward conference and President Walker, our stake president (who is awesome! He told us that he goes into his wife's iphone and sabotages her text messages and I was like wow I will marry someone like him one day) rebuked everyone about how being married is a commandment and T leans over to me and says "What if I don't want to get married? What if I just want to be a cat lady for the rest of the my life? Where can I find a husband anyway?" I told her she could come to Utah and I would hook her up. We've been making marriage jokes ever since. Today her and Brother Carter took us to the Marine Core exchange. I'm sad that I never got anything Navy before I left Virginia Beach so we looked at all of the clothes and decided that before I get transferred I'm going to get a navy shirt and a marines shirt. I like serving around the military. I didn't know anything about any of it before I came here.

B came to church again and she is so great! She just eats the gospel right up and I love it. She's so prepared.

Br is being Br and he didn't get the job that would allow him to have Sundays off so we're still praying hard that he'll recognize God's hand in his life and find a way to come to church.

A. B. brought her daughter S to church for the first time yesterday and A. C. and M  (all recent converts) were there. We were so happy!

This is a side bar but there's a girl who's here for a year nannying, L. M.. She's from Saratoga Springs and we decided that we're all going to be best friends when she gets home next year so it's Sister Hymas' and my goal to make her love us. She's pretty great.

I love all of you lots and lots and lots.
Enjoy no humidity. We're dying out here.

Love, Sister Szabo

 Woodington: Sister Szabo & Sister Taylor
 G1: Sister Pace, Sister Bowen, Sister Hymas, Sister Szabo
G2: Sister Whetton, Sister Bunker, Sister Hymas, Sister Szabo 
DREAM TEAM
This is from a while ago but Sister Hymas forwarded it to me. 
It was from her birthday and our companions (at the time) were joking when we took this picture about how we could hang this picture up when we became companions #prophecy
We were at this place called El's. It's soo good and so cheap and it's a good thing it's in Morehead or we would go there way too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment