Monday, August 4, 2014

miracles happen people. (I keep forgetting to bring my other planner with all the funny church sayings in it)

HELLO HELLO!

I can't believe that e-mail went to Molly, Ang and me. Weird weird weird. I love it! 

This week was so stinkin good! Havelock is packed full of miracles and I'm so grateful to still be here with Sister Hymas.

one. We went to MLC this week. I had to drive on the way there because our Zone Leaders are training so they're in a trio and had to sit in the back and I hated every second of it! But then after MLC President let our Zone Leaders switch cars with the KWest Zone Leaders so now they have the van which meant I didn't have to drive back to North Carolina and I was soooo happy :) Also, we got to see Sister Hurley because she lives in the same apartment complex as the Sisters where we spend the night. I miss her. 

two. on Monday we had a lesson with B and Sister Hymas and I are both selfish so we didn't want to give up part of our preparation day to have a lesson but we decided why not and at the end of it we told him that we were going to teach T the law of chastity this week and he got all ticked. Later in the week T and B broke up and B went to VA for the rest of the week and called us and had a complete change of heart and is ready to take the lessons for real. He even asked us to pray with him over the phone. It was neat. He's made so much progress since I first met him.

three. T is still AMAZING. Yesterday we celebrated with brownies and ice cream because she's gone an entire week without even having the desire to pick up a cigarette. We taught her in different member's homes this week and yesterday after Sacrament Meeting we were like "where the heck did T go" and she came up a few minutes later and was smiling huge and said "guys I know people!" She had just been chatting with some of her friends :) member missionary work is real and it works.

four. On Thursday night we were making our goals for August and we start with how many people are going to get baptized in August. L's baptism is this week so that's one in August and I said "Sister Hymas I feel like if we don't put 2 we aren't having any faith but unless we meet someone tomorrow and set them for baptism I don't know how we're going to teach two people that will get baptized this month." After 5 minutes of talking about it we decided to put 2. Friday during Zone Meeting, Sister Hymas and I sit back down after we give our training and we have a text from Brother Carter with a referral and we're freaking out because we're thinking "wow blessings for having to give a training."  We go on an exchange after Zone Meeting with the Washington Sisters (sorry no picture. I had an elder take it and it turned out blurry) and while we're eating lunch Brother Carter texts us and asks us when we're coming over because his friend wants to meet us so he sets up a lesson with her that day and we teach her the Restoration and shes' GOLDEN and we set her for baptism for August 23. I wanted to cry I was so happy. She is soo ready. She has a friend who lives in California who's a member who told her to go to mormon.organd meet with the missionaries and since she knew Brother Carter is a member and that he's a good guy she just decided to ask him. She came to church yesterday for all 3 hours and brought her two cute little girls and she' so stinkin prepared I can't even handle it. Her name is B and I love her and her daughters already.

five. Sister Hymas is teaching me how to be more balanced in our work so this week instead of just trying to have a billion member present lessons we tried to really meet all of our goals and yesterday we worked our butts off especially and we met all but 2 of our goals. We have a "standard of excellence" and right now we're in column C which means nothing to any of you but we're trying to get to D and we're pretty excited about it. 

I'm glad that the Humphreys stopped by and saw y'all. I LOVE THEM. We've missed Brother Humphreys while he's been gone. They're amazing huh? One day I hope to be like Brother Humphreys. Best member missionary I've ever met.

I pray hard for all of you every single day. 
I love you A LOT.
I love missionary work.
And I know that the Lord is directing this work.
People around us are so prepared we just have to be willing to do our part.
Keep being so great! 

Love, Sister Jamie

Sister Baker
STL's 
Brother Carter found our names on the Coke bottles 
Elder Wardell, Elder Matheson, Sister Szabo, Sister Hymas, Elder Bluemel
(Elder Wardell went to AF. He's Ang's age. His sisters are the twins that I played soccer with.)
MLC drive 


No comments:

Post a Comment