Monday, November 3, 2014

"Jesus is coming. Perhaps today."

My emails are getting worse the longer I'm out so I'll just apologize now.
I'm literally just going to write what I wrote down in my notebook this week...

- THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE HALLOWEEN CARDS! I loved loved loved all of them! And Sister Hymas wants me to tell you thank you too!
- Can we still celebrate Grandma's birthday on November 30? I figure that way all the attention can be on her and not me :)
- Sorry Mom that I can't give you my Christmas list until after Thanksgiving ;) hahahaha
- At 17 months I thought that I would have things figured out...I'm still no good at teaching, I still don't know where to go most of the time or what things to plan, I still am tired all of the time. There's some weird thing in your brain at the beginning of your mission that thinks you'll get better at all of this but in the end you learn so much that you realize you really don't know anything at all.
- Our routine every single morning:
6:25 alarm goes off.
6:30 second alarm goes off.
Roll out of bed (literally)
Pray.
Put in my contacts.
Change into my exercise clothes.
Grab a name out of the prayer jar.
Take a sip of water.
Put my shoes on.
Pray before we leave the apartment.
Run. 
Walk to cool down.
Shower.
Get ready.
Make smoothie/Get grapes ready (we switch off every day)
Personal study.
You would think we would get sick of it but if we miss part of it it throws off our entire day.
- K hasn't set a baptismal day yet but she's progressing like a boss. Tori was her biggest fellowshipper and Tori just moved to Tennessee and I'm quite sad about it. We're going to make K have more friends though now.
- M is progressing too. He's stuck on the priesthood and having to be rebaptized but he's so awesome and the way he's being taught is the way missionary work is supposed to be done. Members have a friend, they invite him to church, he meets the missionaries, they invite him to take the lessons, the members set everything up and we have dinner and a lesson in their home every week.
-  I got my departure packet this week. GAG. Sister Hymas' parents told her that the mission office called to make sure they have the correct address to send the stuff to them. Sneaky parents you not telling me they called you and sent you stuff. 
- Our Halloween was AWESOME
We have interviews so we picked up our elders and spent the majority of the day in Morehead because we had District Meeting after.
In my interview President started by talking about how I go home so soon. He asked if I was anxious at all and I said I thought everything was pretty normal but that there was a lot of unknowns that I have to figure out when I get home and he promised me that the unknowns would get resolved quickly because while he was praying at the beginning of our interview he said he had a very strong feeling that I have a "grand" future ahead of me but that we would talk more about that in another interview. You could say that I'm just a little bit excited for my exit interview now :) 
Sister Hymas and I went on a date out to lunch so we really only have each other anyway. I love that girl a lot!
We had a lesson with Katie and Tori and Ben and then our ward had a trunk or treat and it was loads of fun! We stapled tootsie rolls to mormon.org cards and handed them out. President said we had to be in our apartment after that so we borrowed a deck of cards from some members and we played card games all night. I'm obsessed with the new game that Sister Hymas taught me.
Saturday we had a social media day. Our entire mission did it and basically we had members who signed up to come out with us all day and took pictures of us doing our day to day stuff and then post it to social media. It was to flood social media with positive images of the missionaries and to help "humanize" us. It was draining and was the most awkward thing I've ever done but it was a lot of fun too.
- Yesterday our RS President was telling us a story during her lesson about when her daughter died and she talked about how she's been a different person since that day and this morning I was thinking about that and realized that I will never be the same person again because of these 18 months and I'm really grateful for that. I don't know how I went about doing things without the knowledge of the gospel that I have now.

If you've made it this far I hope you enjoyed this long random email :)
Have a fun filled fall week :)
I love y'all!

Love, Sister Szabo

adventure pictures







No comments:

Post a Comment