Monday, November 17, 2014

"Jesus is coming. Perhaps today."

Happy Fall Y'all!

We're on a tornado watch right now so hopefully the weather is better for you than it is for us! I did hear y'all got snow though. That freaked me out a bit. I'm not sure what I'll do with snow. Probably not drive for the first 3 months that I'm home... I'm just realizing in this moment that I'm being an Alleman and talking about the weather (not that that's a bad thing Grandma ).

This is a bitter sweet email because it's probably the last one that I'll send as a full-time missionary. We're going to Greenville Sunday night and then I'm driving the minivan up to Virginia on Monday to the Mission Home so I'm assuming we won't have time to email nor will it matter anyway because I'll see y'all the next day anyway :) 

You're right Dad. Change is the only constant thing in our lives and it's terrifying to me but I just keep reminding myself of a quote I read on pinterest I'm sure that says something about how if our lives were exactly the same ten years from now as they are right now we wouldn't be very happy. I'm excited to see y'all but I'm scared to not be a missionary anymore. I'm not sure that I want to be a normal person again. I had my exit interview with President this week though and he gave me lots of good counsel. It was weird because we talked about normal things that we normally don't talk about as a missionary and it was my mission president. I'm going to send y'all a copy of the notes I made after of everything he talked to me about. Basically he said that as I move forward my unknown about school will work out. Don't be afraid to date and don't defer marriage. #gross Go to the singles ward and Institute. And he told me about future callings I'll have in the church. I was real grateful for Sister Hymas after because we had to drive to Greenville and so she just let me talk the entire way about everything I needed to. 

This week Sister Hymas and I both got a cold. It.was.the.worst. I literally almost fell asleep in a lesson while I was on an exchange. It was embarrassing. The Lord is really testing me to make sure I work hard until the end. All I've wanted to do is sleep and drink hot chocolate but you bet that after we got back from Greenville we knocked on five billion quadrillion doors to hand out the fliers for Stake Conference to all of the less-actives because President Walker asked us to. And you bet we had members with us and we tried to see every non-member we've ever taught even a little bit to and no one answered. We had the worst key indicators we've ever had in a long time but that's okay because numbers don't matter . It's just nice when you have high ones because it means you got to teach a lot.

This week I'm grateful for:
- The talk "Continuing Revelation" by President Eyring. I realized as I was reading it that the reason I cry during "weird" times is because I get emotional when other people share experiences about receiving revelation and following it. 
- Getting to see Sister Hurley.
- And her and Ben taking us on base today so I could get some marine apparel.
- In-home lessons.
- Pumpkin bread made straight from the pumpkin the girl carved. Yes I will be that person when I'm home :)
- Nice people who bring us tissues and food for our colds.
- Sleeping all the way through the night.
- Knowing that my packing will be over in less than a week from now. I HATE PACKING. Maybe more than anything. Especially when you have to make it weigh less than 50 lbs.
- My District. They're so much fun. E. Dickerson made red velvet cake for us this week because we won car inspections. And I get to choose the hymns for next week since it's my last one #christmassongsfordays
- Thanksgiving being so soon.
- Getting to see my fambam so soon. That makes my heart happy. Which is just about the only thing keeping me from not going crazy right now that I'm about to leave this place. 

This week I've realized that the only way to live your life and really be happy is to make the gospel your life because this work that we're all apart of is the most important thing that's happening on the earth right now. It's literally the most important thing we could ever be doing. I'm not really sure how to keep living a pattern of righteousness when I get home but I've made lots of good goals and I'm excited to come home to a family who I know makes the gospel their life. Thank you for teaching me how to live the gospel and for being examples of it yourself. 
I know this gospel is true. That our Heavenly loves us soo soo much that He put us here in families and He's organized the church for our benefit. That Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that it's only through Him that we can be happy and be worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us. I know that Joseph Smith was willing to act on his faith and that he saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That he translated the Book of Mormon and I know that the promise that that book contains, that if we'll read and ponder and pray about the words it says, that He'll tell us that they're true through the power of the Holy Ghost and that with that knowledge only comes so much more happiness and joy about where we came from and where we're going and why we're here. 
There are no coincidences. I know that I needed to come on a mission and only serve in VA Beach and Havelock, North Carolina. I've had the companions that I've had and met and taught the people that I've had so that I could learn the lessons that He needed me to. I'm a different person than I was 18 months ago because I know just a tiny bit more about the doctrine but most importantly because I know that I need my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I need to live these things I've been teaching to others or else nothing else matters.

I love y'all. More than I ever have before. And I'll see you next week :)

Love, Sister Szabo

 my long lost friend came back because she missed me so much.
I love this woman. Well both of them actually :)
 Jensen. Szabo. Hymas. Evans.
Bunker. Bowen. Szabo. Hymas. G1

These pictures were taken after AN ENTIRE DAY of tracting. In the rain. With a cold. 
I don't tract people. I'm way too awkward for it. I can't talk to boys when they answer the door. And my door approach sucks. That's why the Lord didn't put me in a YSA Branch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment