Thank you for your letters and emails! I really am so so grateful that everyone takes the time to write. I love you all!
This week was CRAZY! And I think I better start by saying that for some reason, not that I've meant to, but it hasn't ever made it into my emails that we've been going to Physical Therapy once a week because Sister Caldwell hurt herself in her first area and this week (on Friday) we got to go to Richmond (out of our mission boundaries!!!) to go see her doctor up there. It was fun and I loved seeing the ocean on the way but the doctors appointment didn't go so well we've had an emotional week leading up to the appointment and an emotional weekend since. BUT she is the best and I am learning so so much from her through all of this. Right now they're not sure whether she's going to have to go home or not but the Zone Leaders gave her a blessing on Thursday and President Baker gave her a blessing yesterday and both were really neat. I love our Zone Leaders and it was really cool to see President and Sister Baker in that setting. They're amazing.
Monday the Sister Training Leaders asked us to go on last minute exchanges on Tuesday and it ended up working out perfectly. Sister Caldwell and I are always sad to leave each other but I got to go to Norfolk with Sister Banner again. I love her a lot. We saw a lot of miracles that day. Last time I was there we taught a boy named S*** and we ended up teaching him again on Tuesday which was fun. We had planned for 2 member present lessons and both of them fell through but we ended up having S*** at the Wadworth's house (senior missionary couple who are THE best!) and then we went and saw a part member family at the last minute which was another member present lesson so we ended up making our goal. It's cool how the Lord works. We plan and plan and nothing ever seems to go the way that we plan but the Lord always provides. It was even just a miracle that Sister Wylie came here with Sister Caldwell and that I got to go to Norfolk with Sister Banner. We both needed to be with each of them and learn things that we only could through them.
I think one of the biggest miracles we saw this week was on Wednesday the Norfolk Sisters text us and asked us for the address of a less active member's daughter in our ward so we text the less active and were texting her for a little while after and it ended up that her son was admitted to the psychiatric ward and we would have never known had we not been texting her already. So we were able to go over and talk with her and help comfort her. It's so cool to see how the Lord works. I've been trying to follow the simple promptings I receive and it's hard because it's so easy to think that they're too insignificant to mean anything but great things always come from them. Alma 37:6-7 :)
Thank you for the package!! I was so happy to get it and Saturday night I was able to decorate the apartment so Sunday morning it was all ready when Sister Caldwell woke up. Thank you for sending those decorations and the card. She loved it! We went over the Ankney's house for dinner last night and they had cake and ice cream for her so we had a really good day and the decorations started it off perfectly. Thank you for the jolly ranchers and suckers too. It's been perfect to have those in my bag for something to replace the gum I used to always be chewing.
We were able to go teach the C*** the Plan of Salvation on Saturday night which went so good. After B*** asked us for a Book of Mormon and of course we didn't have any with us! We had given all of them out already but we took one too him last night and I really believe that something good is going to come of this. I wish I could answer his questions better and help him really know that this message is true but that comes when he's willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know that it's true. I love that we're able to say "When you receive that witness" and not if. Our gospel is so true and the promises we're able to give to people and really from God. Without them our work would go no where.
On Saturday we had a Stake Pioneer Day Picnic and we decided to do a church tour before and at first no one was coming and we were super disappointed but then a few people ended up coming and it was super great and then later on during the picnic people came and asked us to do another one! It was super exciting! Hopefully good things will come from it!
I can't remember if I already told you or not but we have zone goal to have every companionship baptize someone in August and when I first came out I knew that so much of my mission was going to be planting seeds but with this goal I kind of forgot that and have been so caught up in finding those who are already prepared and haven't been able to figure out why all these missionaries all over are finding those people but we aren't and I read 2 Nephi 4:4 this week that says "Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence." That is everywhere in the Book of Mormon but I needed the reminder this week that as I'm willing to be exactly obedient the Lord will bring miracles. I'm so grateful for the blessings I've been promised that help remind me that this is the Lord's work and that as I do my part, He promises that He will do His.
I love you all SOOOOO much! Thank you again for writing and for the package!
Love, Sister Szabo
Happy Birthday Sister Caldwell!
Sister Brimhall was going through her stuff and brought us a Christmas tree for our apartment. She's the cutest thing ever!


No comments:
Post a Comment