Yay for emails from home! I love you all!
We had a zone P-day on Monday which was super fun. I love love love my zone! If I had time (and if y'all really cared) I would talk about each one of them because they're all so amazing. I have a feeling that I'm going to get transferred at the end of this transfer and I'm so sad about leaving already. "I'll go where you want me to go" though. That's something that's cool about a mission is that even though it's so hard and we have to do things we don't necessarily want to do, we do them because everything is from God and that's so evident as a missionary. He really is in the detail of all of our lives. On Friday we had Zone Meeting and it was soo powerful! The Spirit was super strong and I learned SO much. We talked a lot about working with the members and gaining their trust and the miracles that will happen in missionary work when missionaries and members are able to work together. After we had a blitz in Kempsville and Salem. I went with Sister Forsyth. She's been on her mission for 16 months and is SOOO amazing! She taught me so much. The blitz was seriously one of the hardest things because we tracted straight from 2-5 and it was stinkin hot and humid. I have never sweat so much in my entire life. It's like when we would go to Peaks for the day and I would come home so exhausted from being out in the sun for so long, that times five billion is how I've felt since the blitz because you don't get time to just sit and watch a movie and relax after. Missions are so great. I've seen D&C 24:12 work in my life every day. I still am really awful at door approaches but Sister Forsyth is super great and we were able to talk a lot about how frustrating it is for me to have this vision of the missionary I want to be but how I'm just not there yet because she said she felt the exact same way when she got out here and now she's able to look back and see how much she's grown and progressed. (She's one of the sisters that we lived with when we were homeless and were living in Bayside.) I read 2 Nephi 28:30 this week too which was such an answer to my prayers about all of that. "line upon line, precept upon precept." We saw lots of miracles happen during the blitz and we're so excited to go contact all the referrals we received. We really think that this is an answer to our prayers about completing our zone goal because we still have no one set for baptism in August. I'll let you know how it all goes this week!
We've been working a lot with Sister M****. She's really great. She just needs a lot of love and as we've brought members from the ward with us as we've visited with her we've seen how the Lord placed the perfect member there to fellowship her. She came to church yesterday late and said "I woke up and and was embarrassed to come because I was going to be so late but I heard your voices saying 'Sister M**** we just want to see you. We don't care if you're late.'" hahaha now we're haunting people's dreams. It's fine. As long as it gets people to church :)
We went over to the C*** on Saturday night and it was so chaotic we never got the lesson taught and I was super frustrated but at the end we shared a scripture and prayed with them and I left feeling the Spirit and it was really neat. B** had even started reading the Book of Mormon and I think he knows that there's something different about us. He's going to be baptized one day I know it!
There's a new family in our ward, the McKelvey's, he just got called as our new ward mission leader and she came with us to a lesson with Barbara on Saturday. They're seriously the best cutest couple ever. We're going to see such great things with this ward with him and she was scared to come with us, because it is kind of a scary thought to come teach with the missionaries, but she was AMAZING! and it was such a blessing that she was there. I'm excited to get to spend more time with them and learn more from them in the next few weeks.
I love you all soo much! Thanks for your prayers and letters!
Love, Sister Szabo
p.s. Everyone should know that Mols is the best missionary there is. She does so much for me and she's not even in the same state! She's taking such good care of me and I love that we get to do this together. Three cheers for Sister Szabo!
This is Haney. Whatever companionship in the zone has the most member present lessons for the month gets to keep him until the next zone meeting. Yay for member presents! (Really though. That's where the real work happens. We've seen so many miracles from having members at lessons, even just with less actives and recent converts.)

No comments:
Post a Comment