Sisters Conference was THE best! It was exactly what I needed. The theme was "Too Blessed to be Stressed" and so they talked a lot about counting our blessings and having humor and Sister Bennion (1st counselor in the Mission Presidency's wife) talked to us about how life is full of trials always but it's our attitude about them that can change. Also they did a clothing exchange so that was fun. And it was fun to get to see literally all of the sisters in our mission. I wish I would have brought my notes with me to the computer so I could give you some wise words of wisdom but probably better that I didn't so people will actually still read these letters in the future :)
Our Zone Meeting this month was on praying with faith. It was super good. It's something that I've been thinking a lot about already and kind of struggling with and something that Elder Kjerengtroen trained on was about how our prayers should be a continuation of each other. Which kind of makes having a prayer in our hearts have a whole new meaning to it. Also Sister Jasperson trained on the CES Fireside that Elder Bednar did earlier this year where he talked about the couple that he asked "Do you have the faith to not be healed?" I think that's really what faith is a lot of the time. That we submit our will to Heavenly Father because a lot of the time, we do things that we don't necessarily want to do or that we wouldn't have chosen to do but we know that we're going through them for a reason.
After we had a blitz in Bayside and I was with our 2 Visa Waiters, Sister Anderson and Sister Westover. They're both waiting to go to Brazil and they're the cutest things ever! We had a lot of fun. They both taught me a lot in the tiny amount of time that we had together. I can't imagine being a visa waiter. They're amazing.
I've been studying patience a lot this week. It's going to be a life long struggle for me I think but I'm learning so much. I'm learning too that if we could all really understand our relationship with our Heavenly Father that life would be a lot easier because we would understand that that's why we have to go through these trials and that really that's why we're here. It makes the saying "Remember who you are" mean something totally different too :) Also, Brother Sanchez came to our Mission correlation this week and we were preparing for presenting the Ward Mission Plan to the ward and he talked about the "why" of missionary work which is brilliant. If we understand the why of anything, then we do it. So, if we could all understand the why of missionary work, we would naturally do it. I would be a better missionary if I could really understand it. I had never thought of it that way before. Ah! Really I'm just learning so much. It's so great.
And to end with a funny story..yesterday we had dinner at the Bishops. We had steak. I am not exaggerating when I say that my piece literally took of 3/4 of my plate and it was a BIG plate. If you don't believe me, go look out on the deck at the plates I had at college. It was one of those. I thought I was going to die. I have never eaten so much food in my life. I mean every single night here I'm uncomfortably full after our dinner appointments. I thought I was going to be sick for the rest of my life. It was disgusting! Oh y'all would have just laughed and laughed. I was mortified. But it was good. Elder Muncy told us that he went home and had a hot dog after because he was still hungry. Maybe he can be my new Ang and I can just slide my plate over to him when I'm done with what I want to eat :)
I love you all! Keep doing all the good that you're doing in the world.
Love, Sister Szabo
We had to be in my 6 on Halloween so we borrowed Suspend from the Sanchez's, made smores, played card games and ate LOTS of candy! (P.S. You should buy Suspend on amazon. (at least when I get home.) IT'S SO FUN!)
Sister Caldwell and I at Sisters Conference.
We had Sisters stay the night for Sisters Conference. It was lots of fun! Especially because Sister Cornilles from my MTC District was one of them! It was crazy to think we were together on Day 1 and now we're 5 months into this thing.
Sister Anderson and I at Sisters Conference
We handed out candy at the Trunk-or-Treat.





No comments:
Post a Comment