Also I don't know if I've ever mentioned anything about the G**'s to y'all? They're from Idaho and when I got here she was on bed rest and they've been super less active but the ward was doing so so much for them and we had a ward fast and Sister Caldwell and I went and saw her a lot and they both bore their testimony in church a few weeks ago and they had us over for dinner last week. They lost their baby and instead of being angry they want to get sealed in the temple. They're young and so fun and a miracle. The Salem elders were there with Elder Muncy since Elder McDermott was at the Mission Home and Elder Willis shared this story about his grandparents getting sealed and he had no idea about anything going on with the G**s. It was neat. When we follow the Spirit such great things happen.
President Baker asked us to teach this Restoration Revelation lesson at dinner appointments and we had been kind of struggling with it but we've been really trying hard to do it recently as we talk with members about their family mission plans and it's been so so good! We just try to help them realize that they can receive personal revelation for who in their lives are ready to receive the restored gospel and that we're not just there to eat their food or receive referrals but to help them share the gospel with their friends. Miracles are happening in Kempsville. I'm so excited about all the missionary work that's going on. Since the Bishop presented the Ward Mission Plan people are pumped about doing missionary work and it's so great! If for no other reason I get to stay in Kempsville another transfer because of the tender mercy of being able to see the work take off. Sister Caldwell and I used to talk about that all the time. About how Kempsville was like this rollercoaster and it was sooo close to taking off but it just wasn't there yet and this is it and it's so exciting! Sister Caldwell and I used to also joke about them letting us stay in Kempsville until the end of the year and then they could send us wherever..funny joke because it's actually happening to me hahaha :) Life is so great.
Y'all should watch "The Spirit of Thanksgiving" Mormon Message. It's old but it's good. AND we were reminded by Elder Snow (who's in the Salem Ward now) about Elder Ballard's talk from Conference about reaching out to one person before Christmas. It's been neat as we've started challenging people to do that. The Lord really is hastening His work.
I've been marking "in the strength of the Lord" in my Book of Mormon. I could do absolutely nothing without His help.
Sister Landon likes to talk about her dog a lot.
I can't believe I hit 6 months this week.
And that Thanksgiving is next week.
Time is so crazy.
I love you all.
I'll see you in a year.
Love, Sister Szabo
We decided to change hair styles for the day since we had no ward council and actually had time to get ready for church :)
We went to the Salem Sisters apartment for lunch and Sister Smith made us an upstate New York dish. I already forgot what it was called.

No comments:
Post a Comment