Monday, February 3, 2014

It snowed again this week. From Tuesday night to Friday afternoon we couldn't drive. I have never been more stir crazy in my entire life! Our apartment is clean though and we're super organized and ready for this week because we planned like crazy! Life is good. We helped Sister Nolan organize and pack Thursday night while we couldn't drive because she's from New Jersey so she's not afraid of the snow and she would come pick us up. I loved every second of it. You can only organize your desk and suit cases so much ya know? Definitely a  tender mercy! I've never been more happy when she called because we knew that it meant we were leaving our apartment.

THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE! So much fun. Sister Cahoon and I have decided that we wish we could be missionaries for our entire lives because we have everything we need because people are so giving to the missionaries. It's great. Y'all are great and this ward is great. Speaking of..we had transfer calls...I'm staying in Kempsville people. Can you believe it? I kind of can't. I'm SO happy about it though. I'll spend at least 10 months of my mission here by the end of this transfer. We have every holiday decoration from the 4th of July to St. Patricks day in our apartment because I've been here for so long. I love it. Those Valentines decorations are THE CUTEST!
I'm so excited for the next 6 weeks too. Sister Cahoon and I are going to do work! One of our stake goals this year is to live the commandments exactly for one year and a guy in our ward gave a talk about it and how being "exactly obedient" is something that we can measure because it's exact and he told us this story about this missionary somewhere in Europe and how they found blessings from being exactly obedient. The entire goal is focused around the quote "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings success." (or sometimes it's quoted "miracles") by Elder Nelson. So I started making a list with little boxes that I would check off every day of "Did I wake up at 6:30?" "Did I exercise this morning?" "Did we  have an hour dinner appointment?" etc. Anyway it's been really neat and I guess it's mostly a form of the accountability part so Sister Cahoon and I are going to do it together now and I KNOW that we will see miracles! I'm so excited. I'm here for a reason still and I'm not quite sure what that reason is but I know that the Lord knows and He'll help me to do it as I'm exactly obedient. Sister Ankney decided the Lord's not going to let me leave until I baptize a family so here we come! (P.S. Sister Ankney is the best. She bought us mint chocolate chip ice cream and then gave us the carton to take home. It may have been the nicest thing anyone has done for me. And I may have had a bowl of it last night right before bed and I plan to until it's gone:) And now I know y'all know why Molly's the one losing weight and I'm the one gaining it. Great.)

This week a miracle I saw was on Tuesday I was being a stress case because I forget EVERYTHING (it's the worst!) and we had so many little details that we needed to figure out and I just wasn't sure how to do all of it and each and every thing that we needed to do and to figure out and even the things that I forgot all seemed to work out perfectly. Prayer works. And I know that the Lord loves us each individually. 

I love y'all SO SO much! Have the best, best week! 

Love, Sister Szabo 

Judge us all you want. Sometimes we take selfies in the bathroom at the church with our cool sunglasses on before we go into zone preparation day. 


The FUNNEST district there ever was. I'm real sad we're getting split up.

No comments:

Post a Comment