Monday, February 24, 2014

This picture is for Ang. I forgot his email. I feel like it's pretty self explanatory :)

Even in Virginia as a missionary you bet we're sporting the ugly hat pictures! I forgot to send you this one last week!

This one is for you Mom. You sent me that quote about the prayers of a faithful mother in the summer and it has helped me SO much! I wanted you to know that it's been up on my wall since you sent it to me :)

I'm doing this week in pictures.
I already wrote you about Monday.
Tuesday we had dinner at the Brimhalls so I"m guessing Sister Brimhall sent you the picture she took.
Wednesday we went on exchanges with the STL's.

Thursday night you will not guess who slept over at our house because they had a doctors appointment in VA Beach. SISTER CALDWELL AND SISTER ANDERSON! It was soo much fun! I wanted to invite Sister Landon over so we could take a Kempsville Sister's picture but we did the next best thing and I took a picture with her the next day.



Friday after District Meeting we went to lunch with the Cape Henry Sisters (Sister Adamson and Sister Gale) and then the Pembroke elders showed up at the same place too so that was fun. After we ate we decided to use the rest of our lunch and go get donuts at Krispy Kreme because the Cape Henry Sisters had free donut coupons. So we drive over there and it's super windy and super rainy (I guess there was a tornado warning but no one told us.) So, we're in Krispy Kreme and it's one of the cool ones that has the huge window where you watch the process of the donuts being made and go through the whole thing. It was sweet. It was like the show "How it's made" but in real life. Anyway, we're all getting ready to leave and we get a text from our Zone Leaders saying that we have to stay indoors for the next 30 minutes wherever we are because of the weather so we were all stuck inside A KRISPY KREME. We all thought it was pretty funny. What are the chances. Worst place ever to be stuck in p.s. because how hard is it to not just go buy another donut when you know they're right there.

Saturday night the elders asked us if we could correlate really quick at the church so I thought hey that's a great idea and my District is awesome and they had made me a mint chocolate chip ice cream pie to celebrate 1/2 way. It was cute. And it made me real happy. We've decided that you just have to celebrate the marker points because if not it's just super depressing.

Also, they made me this cute card.


So sorry you're getting 500 emails from me this week. That was my life in pictures. 
But what the pictures don't show is that I felt like we should go see G this week on exchanges. I don't know if I told you about her already. If I did, so sorry. But a member in the Bayside ward was here in the summer selling alarm systems and he knocked on her door and she noticed his ctr ring and said hey I'm a member so long story short, we found out about her and went and saw her and she was living with her boyfriend and when we went and saw her on Wednesday night she said "I was just thinking that I hoped you girls stopped by." She broke up with her boyfriend and kicked him out. She said she always felt guilty about living with him. And we had the BEST lesson I have ever had in my entire mission. The Spirit was so strong. Earlier that day we had done mormon.org time and I had just watched the mormon messages on my flash drive that I got from Sister Anderson so I never use them because I don't know what they are. One of them was exactly what she needed and I never would have known about it had I not watched it that day. The Lord TOTALLY knows what He's doing. We just have to follow the Spirit, even when we don't even realize we're doing it. She came to church on Sunday with her little boy and they both stayed for the entire 3 hours. It made me SO happy. She's such a miracle. Also Sister B who we've also been working with came to church. Funny story: Sister Ellis comes up to me after church and says "Girls I've got a few nights off this week lets go do my Visiting teaching" and I go "Sister B is here today! She's walking down the hall right there!" And so she starts chasing Sister B down the hall and she thinks I'm right behind her but Sister Cahoon isn't following me so I can't leave..anyway you probably had to be there but it was real real funny! Also Sister C who hasn't been to church since August came to Relief Society. It was a good day. Sister Cahoon and I made a video journal about our day yesterday because we're both so behind in our journal but I think it's too big to send. Oh and another funny story! We met with the EQ Presidency during Sunday school about their new reactivation plan and Brother Sanchez is a Navy Seal right so he starts off and says We're doing this 8 step plan. F3EAD (whatever it's called) This is the same plan that the Seals use with terrorists. And so he starts explaining it using terrorists and how the find and fix and finish and all this stuff and it was SO funny. I leaned over to Sister Cahoon and said "This is NEVER how the Relief Society would go about this." Don't worry though, step 3: FINISH (which is where they kill the terrorist) we changed to FREE because we're going to free them from their bondage and sins by inviting them to church. I'm obsessed with this ward! 

I love you all!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I hope you have a fabulous week and have fun no matter what your'e doing!

one more picture OF COURSE. this is from the week that we went to Norfolk and I had all those pictures from the Scavenger Hunt. This is the boat that we were supposed to go but that was closed.
Sister Gale, Sister Whittle, Sister Adamson, Sister Landon, Sister Szabo, Sister Cahoon, Sister Murphy, Sister Pace


No comments:

Post a Comment