-Sister Cahoon and I got invited to go to a Leadership Training this week because there are not STL's in our stake so they just chose 2 sisters to come. THE MOST intimidating thing I have EVER done. First off we walk into the the High Council Room and it's completely full of elders who are in some sort of leadership position, then President has me come to the front and role play a baptismal interview with him and THEN we went on exchanges with Sister Baker that night. I was a stress case. It was so good though. I learned SO much.
- Things always seem to work out. I think I wrote about this last week but I am a stress case all of the time and by the end of the night we can so clearly see how the Lord's hand was in all of it and everything worked out just the way it needed to. It's a hard balance because when I stress I get things done but I need to stop stressing about things that aren't in my control. The Lord is really teaching me a lot right now. I even read 1 Nephi 7:16-21 and even Nephi had things that didn't seem to all work out the way he probably thought they should have. The gospel is SO cool you guys.
- We're having the hardest time getting the people we're working with to come to church. It makes me real sad because I can so clearly see how much they need church. Even just these past 2 Sundays we've talked about things in church that are EXACTLY the questions or concerns that investigators or people had in our lessons that week. I'm learning a lot about how important church is. And not just going to go through the motions but really going and feasting upon the word. The Sacrament is sooooo neat.
- We committed B to really figure out what she believes this week. Not what we believe or what her church believes but what she believes. I'm excited for our lesson with her this week.
- Sister Cahoon and I were talking about Patriarchal Blessings and both of ours say that we learned things at the feet of our Savior. Isn't it kind of neat to think that maybe her and I sat there together and learned things that we needed to learn for these transfers that we're spending together? Something that's kind of cool to think about..
- Also, lets all pause for 2 seconds and freak out about the fact that a year ago we were taking Molly to the MTC! AH! Time is so weird!
- Fun fact: Sister Caldwell and Sister Anderson are companions right now. Fun huh?
- We're still trying to find more investigators. I know that I'm here for some reason I just need to find them!
I love y'all! Thank you for writing and for EVERYTHING! I am so loved and I'm so grateful for that.
Love, Sister Szabo
VALENTINES DAY!
The Morgans came and brought us cute Valentines presents so that's what we're holding :)
We went to the beach yesterday! It was so cold and windy but I'm in love with the ocean!
No comments:
Post a Comment