Monday, May 5, 2014

Hello!

Wow I don't even know where to start. We had the best week! So many miracles. And I'm still shocked every single week about how many lessons we teach. This is conceited of me but the Zone Leaders called us last night after we called in key indicators wanting to know how we had had such a good week. We felt pretty cool. Mostly because we realized in that moment that we have done nothing to find our investigators and those who are set with baptism. This ward is just amazing and the Lord is softening so many people's hearts.

Elder Bednar was AMAZING! I'll copy my notes and send them to you Dad! We went up Friday night and picked up the New Bern Sisters (and went to Cook Out. I'm sad they don't have those in Utah) and then we went to Greenville and stayed the night with the G1 and GYSA Sisters. So that was like a 2 hour drive. And then Saturday morning we had to leave at 4:45 a.m.to get to Richmond on time and that was a little more than a 3 hour drive. Worst part? Even though I'm not the designated driver, the passenger is not allowed to sleep so that was the longest drive of my life! Because then we had a 5 hour drive home too. It was worth it though. Bishop Davies (Presiding Bishopric) and Elder Robbins (Presidency of the Seventy) were there too. Elder Bednar is hilarious! And he was straight up with us too. I learned so much. Off the top of my head I think that the thing I learned the most was that I need to have more action to my prayers. And I need to become a missionary so that when I'm home I stay one because that's how we really become converted. Something that Sister Kirwan said yesterday in SundaySchool made me think of that too. She said that missionaries are on their missions because they have an eternal perspective.
When we were driving to Richmond I said, I hope that I get to see Sister Romney. We walk in and she's being the usher right by where we sat. I was giddy I was so happy. I've missed her. I don't even know what else to tell you about it. It was just so good. It was fun to see all the other missionaries that are just in my mission after too. I got to see everyone that I've served with and it was great. Seeing other missionaries makes me happy :)

We have MLC this week so we're excited about that. Driving up the VA again :) Our Zone Leaders are fun too so that's always a good time. I'm glad neither of them got transferred either. And we're starting exchanges again this week so here we go again :) President Baker called STL's to be in VA Beach so now there's a set for every stake. It also means that Sister Hurley and I are now over the most amount of Sisters. We're considering doing a presentation for President Baker to plead him for more miles..we'll see if we really have the guts to after MLC. 

I'm going to be the biggest pain ever right now and tell you that we just barely got the email today from President Baker about guidelines for Mothers Day so we asked Sister Kirwan if we could skype at her house but that's about as far as I've gotten. We'll have her text or call you sometime this week and if not the Zone Leaders are allowed to call you to set it up. Secretly I want to do that just to make them have to call you. You would love them. Sister Kirwan has a son on a mission in Mesa so that's the only thing that we're waiting on to see what time he's skyping so that we don't conflict with that. 

Hey well I don't have any challenge to give you like Mols. Good thing she's such a good missionary and is making up for my slack. 
This gospel is true. 
Joseph Smith is a prophet.
And the Priesthood is real.
I love you all! 
I hope you have a great week!
Have fun and don't work too hard :)
God bless.

Love, Sister Szabo

No comments:

Post a Comment