Monday, May 19, 2014

exchanges//airshows//baptisms

We had such a good week! We are seeing so many miracles in Havelock! 

We went on exchange with the New Bern Sisters on Tuesday. Sister Marshall is brand new (as of this transfer) and she came to Havelock with me so that was fun. I lost my name tag on the exchange and I'm still crying about it. It had my orange dot on the back of it :( 

On Friday after District Meeting we went on exchange with the Morehead Sisters. Sister Hymas came here to Havelock with me and we had SO much fun! Holy smokes I love her so much. We already basically planned out our friendship for when we're home. We decided it was meant to be that we met here because we're pretty sure that because of Celeste we met at Snow and we just don't remember each other. I'm still a firm believer that exchanges always turn out to be just what the other Sister needs. We saw tons of miracles, found a new investigator, taught some lessons and went to the air show together. We just had way too much fun together. I hope that one day I get to be her companion. 

Ashley got baptized on Saturday! I was soooo happy! The Spirit was so strong. She is amazing! And her dad even came! She's basically already a part of the ward so it was the easiest baptism I've ever been a part of. The YW Presidency took care of it all. Y'all would LOVE her! She's the nicest person I've ever met and the Lord really was preparing her for this. Rialy came to it too and had his baptismal interview after and at a lesson at his house this week his sister sat in and is basically the same person as him. aka I have faith that she's going to get baptized too. It's neat to see that from Ashley B.'s brother, Ethan, Ashley B. was found and through her Rialy was found and through him his sister Angela was found. Missionary work is so cool!

Yesterday we taught Sunday School literally at a last second notice and taught Sharing Time in Primary because someone went home sick. Gotta love being a missionary. especially in a little ward like Havelock :)

I can't believe I hit a year this week. Gross. Can you believe that one year ago I was just going into the MTC?! So much has changed since then. I've changed so much since then! And 6 months is going to go by way too fast. Luckily we won't even be on an exchange that day so maybe we'll do something fun to celebrate. 

I love you all to death! 
Thanks for being so great!
Y'all make being a missionary a whole lot easier.
Have a good good week.

Love, Sister Z (I can't tell you how many people on my mission have called me that.)


air show
President gave us permission to go to the airshow at the base with the Escobars and Ashley C.. IT WAS AWESOME! I felt bad that Sister Hurley wasn't there but we didn't find out about it until we were already on the exchange. And I'm obsessed with Sister Hymas so it was fine. She's one of the ones from PG and we decided we're going hang out all the time when we're home. 


 more pictures from the air show!
obviously I'm really excited about it..


 exchanges with New Bern Sisters
Sister Marshall. She's a new one :) 
 To fill up the font we have to go way early and turn on the water, and then it gets cold and we turn it off and wait 15 minutes and then turn it on again and the process goes over and over and over. So of course we naturally had to take a picture of it :)
 ASHLEY'S BAPTIZED! I love that girl a lot a lot a lot! I already promised her and Sister Hurley that they can come stay at our house and come to General Conference with me so I hope that's okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment