We had another good good week! Lots and lots of miracles.
We went on exchanges with the Woodington Sisters. I went to Woodington and I'm obsessed with that place. It's such a small town. It reminds me of Thatcher. Even running on the highway in the morning made me want to serve there.
We also went on exchanges with the Harkers Island Sisters and I got to go with Sister Cahoon! It was so much fun! Actually we probably did have way too much fun #yolo I love that girl. She's grown so much since we first became companions. I love having her serving so close to me. Harkers Island is an interesting place as well but I love it too. I love everyone's accents.
We have an investigator named B. He's a punk! But I love him. He set a baptismal date this week and he's still got a long way to go but I have faith that he's going to make it. It was such a huge miracle. I may have lacked some faith when I first met him because I always told Sister Hurley that I didn't know when but that one day he was going to be baptized and I didn't really believe that it would be while I was still here, or even on my mission. We're pretty excited about it :)
I can't believe that I've been out for a year. It's made me think a lot about being a missionary. Before I came out I thought that being a missionary would be hard because I wouldn't ever know what to say but rarely does the Spirit not gibe me something to say when I first will open my mouth. I think what's really hard about it is that although I have never been happier in my life, every single day I am put outside of my comfort zone. My personality is to sit there and listen unless I have something I want to say and that is not how it works as a missionary. I constantly have to take my turn talking and I'm learning so much because of it because by doing so I allow the Spirit to work through me. I'm still trying every day to learn how to get out of the way but I really have learned over this past year how important following the Spirit is.
I have lots of pictures to send you so I'll let the rest of my email/week be explained by them I love you alll!!!
Love, Sister Szabo
Woodington cemetary BEHIND THE CHURCH. weird.
SISTER CAHOON!
Picnic with the Harkers Island Sisters
Rialy's baptism!
Ashley and I seem to like to match with stripes no matter who's baptism it is :)
This is basically our "FHE" group (minus a few people). They all came to support Rialy at his baptism. I love them all soo much it's ridiculous.
Yesterday we went to Cape Lookout. Mom you would you have absolutely LOVED it! I thought about you the entire time I was there.
This is going to be a looooong summer. I miss the water.
Cassie took us to the light house!
We were on a boat. It's been longer than a year for both of us since that happened. Don't worry we were being obedient..it was a ferry :)



No comments:
Post a Comment