HELLO HELLO HELLO!
I can't believe that it's only been a week since I emailed last. So much
has happened.
Transfers went good. Leaving Sister Hurley was the first time that I've
cried in a long time because I was so sad.
Sister Hymas and I are already best friends though. Literally. It's so much
fun. I don't think President knew what he was doing when he put us
together. We've already planned out our lives for when we get home and are
still besties. Such a small world.
T is still amazing. She set a baptismal date! On Monday we went and hung
out with her and Brother Carter and B and we were having a lesson and
we asked her if she had received an answer about the Book of Mormon yet and
she was kind of weird about it and then after she told us she needed to
talk to us about it after B left. So we were walking out to the car
and all she said was "I already got my answer." I almost started crying out
of pure joy. I honestly can't think of another time that I've been happier
in my entire life. The gospel is so true people. Her 21st birthday is on
September 5 so she chose that day for her baptismal date. She already
invited her mom to it, she committed to give out a Book of Mormon to her
boss at work who she's already taught the Restoration to, on Thursday she
took us to Greenville again and on Saturday we had a lesson about the Word
of Wisdom and we asked her what we could do to help her live it and she
said, "Lets go bury them right now." So we went out back, Brother Carter
dug us a hole and Tori buried her bag of cigarettes while I read from Alma
24 about burying our weapons of war. When I get home you'll have to watch
the video because it's hilarious and also the best thing I've ever done.
She's in Virginia right now for the weekend and I might be having
withdrawals from her because I miss her. I'm obsessed and she knows. It's
fine. She text us this morning and told us you commented on her post mom!
She loved it!
L came to a baptism with us on Saturday and it was so good! It made
her even more excited to get baptized! I'm so excited for her! She's come
so far just in the time that I've known her. She's so ready and I love love
love her! Her baptism is next Tuesday on the 5th and we're real excited for
it around here. She's been coming to some of our dinner appointments with
us so we're basically making everyone be invested in her so that the entire
ward will be at her baptism and will keep her coming to church forever.
I read a quote this week that changed my life. It's about marriage but
don't worry I'm not trunky :)
"The wife of a modern prophet was asked what is was like being married to a
prophet. She wisely replied that she had not married a prophet, she had
simply married a man who was completely dedicated to the church no matter
what call he received." That's what I want to be like when I grow up.
I don't have a lot of pictures this week because Tori's iphone camera is
five million times better than my camera so she's been taking all of the
pictures and I still need to have her email them to me. Don't worry I
haven't given up being a crazy picture sister missionary yet :)
I love you!
Have a good cool humidless week because we sure won't here.
And look for the little things in life.
They make all the difference.
Love, Sister Jamie
This is the funniest story of my life. Don't mind the fact that it makes us sound like THE WORST missionaries in the world. So Sister Pace and I were on our exchange and we tried to stop by this LA and they weren't there but there were these kids outside and this cute young girl so Sister Pace says "We don't want any investigators in this area. They don't progress and they never keep commitments so lets just give the little kids a picture of Jesus and get out of here." And I of course say okay yay I'll do anything and I'm just laughing about it..so we give the little kids the picture and the girl starts asking us question after question after question and says "I've been wanting to get back into church lately but I didn't know where to go" and all we'll say is "Yeah come to church that would be great here's a card and the address..." we won't set up a return appointment or really teach her anything except a quick restoration and finally Sister Pace just gives in and says "Okay how about we come Saturday and we can teach you more" and she sets all of that up and when we get in the car Sister Pace says "Sister Romney is going to kill me for setting up an appointment in this area" and I'm just pumped because they got a new investigator. Fast forward to Saturday and they have an awesome lesson with this girl and she comes to church and the ward tells them they have to hand her over to the YSA Sisters and then fast forward to this past Saturday. SHE GOT BAPTIZED and we got permission to go and we brought L and it was AWESOME. L is so excited to get baptized and totally felt the Spirit. Miracles happen people.

No comments:
Post a Comment