Monday, September 22, 2014

"A stranger is a friend you've never met. All R Welcome."

This week honestly was SO HARD. On Sunday I was feeling so discouraged. We were not even close to making our member present goal and it had been such a slow week and we found out all of these things that we have been doing wrong that we didn't even know we were doing wrong and it was rough BUT we realized yesterday that we were really being like Laman and Lemuel after they've seen the angel and they're still punks and complaining about everything. We were driving and we're both just whining because it's been such a hard week and our day is not going like we wanted it to and we know there's some lesson to learn but we just don't know what and then it hit us. Laman and Lemuel saw this HUGE miracle. They saw an angel! And they were still bums. We've seen SO many miracles in Havelock. We just had 2 baptisms in the past 2 months! AND we're still companions AND there's so many tender mercies that happen every day and we we were still complaining. I would say that baptisms could be equivalent to us seeing an angel when it comes to miracles. So we swallowed our pride real quick and the rest of our Sunday didn't go as planned and we didn't make our member present goal but we were able to see a lot of really neat things happen and we made a lot of our other goals. 

We went on exchanges with the New Bern Sisters and the Washington Sisters. It's hard every week when Sister Hymas and I just want to be companions with each other but I really do love exchanges. Sister Kunzler and Sister Jones are both awesome too and I learned a ton from both of them. 

We had Zone Conference this week in Goldsboro. It was soo much fun to see so many other missionaries and although it's kind of a different experience to have people talk to you about how to do these things as a missionary that you know will take time to accomplish and you know you'll be home before they happen I still learned a ton and I'm excited to work hard until the end.

I'm kind of slow and I just read the September Ensign. It's soo good! The article "The Work of Salvation Then and Now" is stinkin good. The Book of Mormon is soo true. 

Yesterday we knocked on a lady's door who had heard of the church because she was an "Archie Angel" AKA she's obsessed with David Archuleta. She told us that if we ever wanted to "shoot the breeze" we could come back and see her again. I was dying.

The Young Womens President asked us to come to New Beginnings this week and yes Sister Hymas and I did start our Personal Progress this week again. Personal Progress is so legit. I'm probably going to do it the rest of my life because there's so much goodness in it. 

We're trying real hard to find new investigators and we've seen a lot of miracles this past week with the ones we have.

Thank you for your letters and for your prayers. 
They were much needed this week. 
This gospel is true. 
This work is true.
And I love y'all!

Love, Sister Szabo

 Exchange with Washington Sisters. Sister Jones.
 On our way home from Zone Conference. I'm only sending this picture because it's HILARIOUS. Elders SUCK at taking pictures.
 Sister Cornilles. We were in the same District in the MTC.
 Elder Morgan! I met him my first weekend in the field and he's HILARIOUS! Probably one of my favorite elders in this mission. It was so much fun to see him. Also Elder Stika thought he would be part of it too :)
 We had rainbow jello this week. If that's not a childhood memory I don't know what is.
Exchange with New Bern Sisters. Sister Kunzler, Sister Mahler, Sister Hymas, Sister Szabo

No comments:

Post a Comment