Monday, September 15, 2014

"Self-centeredness is completely off centered."


HELLO HELLO!

We started exchanges again this week. We went on exchanges with the Kinston and the Morehead Sisters. I went to Kinston and Morehead for both of them so that was fun. I had lasagna 4 nights in a row this week and if I don't make it home in November it's because I died of second hand smoke. On the exchange in Morehead a member was driving us home from an appointment and had asked us about our story of how we knew we needed to serve a mission and as I gave her my little spill and told her that my family is active but that as I've been on my mission and have been able to teach people that I've truly become converted she looked at me and said "As you talk about the gospel and your family there's this joy that comes out of you and it makes others want to partake of it. That's a gift you have." I thought it was really nice of her. It kind of made me want to cry. The Morehead Sisters were on bikes this week. That was a hoot and a holler. It was SO hot and humid that day and I may have never sweat more in my life BUT it was so much fun! We talked to every last person that we saw and I found so much joy in everything that we did. Even as we were biking up to this house I realized that I couldn't wait to knock on the door and see who was going to answer. Usually I'm kind of nervous but we just do it anyway but sharing the gospel with everyone made me so happy that I couldn't wait to talk to anyone about it that we saw. I'm real glad that I'm not in a biking area but it was neat to get to experience that for a day. 

L and R came to church this week. L brought her son and they said that they're going to come back next week. I saw them down the hallway after church and they were on their way out so I just started booking it down the hall and I dragged poor Sister Hymas behind me but we caught them and it made me so happy to see them. 

2 of our best dinner appointments are on our exchanges this week. That always makes me sad but I do love going on exchanges so it will be good. Being a STL is a bitter sweet thing sometimes. 

I got a fortune cookie that said "A well fed romance nourishes the soul" and people have been talking to us about their dating drama this week and I realized that I never want to come home. But then I remembered that I have the best family in the world and I can't wait to see y'all so that trumps all the drama that being normal person brings.

Every morning I wake up and decide that TODAY I'm going to be happy and TODAY I'm going to work hard and TODAY I'm going to have self control and be consecrated. Satan is working on me real hard if you can't tell. I have a goal this week to not say anything mean about anyone but I just really do hate him. Good thing God's on my team.

I hate condensation on my water bottle. It leaves puddles of water everywhere I go but yesterday and today feel like fall in Utah and that makes me happy. #alleman talking about the weather.

We were able to have 2 lessons with R this week and Tori and Ben came to both of them. I realized as I was sitting there that life is so good and it's so neat to be working with so many good recent converts. Missionary work makes me excited about everything in life. 

This is the most random email ever but I just wrote whatever I was thinking because I really don't even know what happened this past week.

I love y'all a lot!
I love this gospel
and I love the Book of Mormon. 
The pictures you send make me real happy
and I love being companions with Sister Hymas.
Have a wonderful week and enjoy everything you do!

Love, Sister Szabo

exchanges&marinehats
Exchanges with Kingston sisters
Szabo, Harrison, Hymas, Bagley

Exchanges with Morehead sisters
Putham, Marshall, Hymas, Szabo
I rode a bike on my mission for the first time. #lovedit

No comments:

Post a Comment