Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'll just start out with the juicy details.

Transfer calls happened and WE DIDN'T GET ONE. I think I may have been in shock when the Zone Leaders text us to tell us transfer calls were over and we hadn't received one. Sister Hymas and I may have also got out of the car and ran and jumped around in the street. We have been praying for weeks for this. According to the Lord's will of course :)

T almost couldn't get baptized this Friday because she lives with B. She had her interview with Elder Sorenson on Friday and after he asked to talk with us and he told us she's golden but he didn't know what the rule was on that so we had to call President Baker. I have never been more nervous on the phone in my entire life. Holy smokes I'm glad I won't ever have to relive that conversation again. President Baker is a good man though and I think he made the right decision :) I'm super SUPER (emphasis EMPHASIS only Molly will get this) for her baptism! 

We'll start exchanges again next week and we're excited/sad about it. I LOVE being a STL but I love Sister Hymas so much that I just want to spend all of my time with her and not go on exchanges. It's a love/hate position I guess.

We started teaching the kids in this LA family this week. The first time I met the mom (when I first got here) she told me that 2 of her kids needed to get baptized and we needed to teach them and we've been trying since then so this week we finally just started teaching them. I just laugh and laugh the entire lesson because there's 4 of them and they'll be so good and then all of the sudden it's chaos and no one knows what's going on. It's hilarious. We taught them how to pray last time and I promised them all a mint at the end if they would listen and I have never seen kids sit so good while they listened to a story. 

I love this ward. I love this place. I love being a missionary. 
The Priesthood is real. The gospel is true. Jesus Christ really is our Savior but we have to be willing to accept His Atonement into our lives. Read the Book of Mormon and pray every day and I promise it will change your life line upon line.
Also, talk with everyone. even at gas stations. It may get you some free jewelry from an old man :)
I LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Szabo/J

Here is the picture from all of the MLC Members last week!
 first day of school. what?
 this is THE worst picture but I really just wanted to send it because I wanted to tell y'all that Elder Wardell IS ANG. It makes my heart so happy when we're with him because I feel like I'm with Ang.
Everyone at MLC who goes home in November
#bff  also don't mind Sister Hurley photobombing
Sister Hymas did my hair while we drove up to VA. We love the minivan
All of my sweet companions who I got to see at MLC. I love them.
Sister Hurley, Sister Szabo, Sister Hymas, Sister Anderson
celebrating no transfer call!
the guy at baskin robbins gave me my ice cream free because we're Jesus people

No comments:

Post a Comment