I got a Priesthood blessing from Elder Vosika and Elder Butikofer on Wednesday night. I was real nervous about training and I still definitely have no idea what I'm doing but I know that the Lord does and luckily my companion is awesome so that helps a lot. Her name is Sister Cahoon. She's from Canada. Cool huh? And she's 19 and played basketball and has a brother serving a mission in Thailand. I don't really know what else to say about her. OH except that she knows the Abrams!! I was freaking out. We had an entire conversation about Jenna and Justine. It made me so happy. And she comes to American Fork all the time so basically we're meant to be friends for life. Yay. It's hard because I hate change and I HATE being the missionary who's supposed to know what's going on. Sometimes I catch myself wishing that I could be junior companion for the rest of my mission and then I hurry and correct myself because I know that this is what the Lord needs me to do right now and I'm grateful to learn from it.
At trainers meeting President Baker made me play the piano, as if I wasn't already nervous enough, but Sister Misdom and Elder Marinos were there which is such a small thing but was such a huge comfort to me. They both served in my zone when I was first here and they're both super great.
We had our Christmas Program on Friday. We watched the Muppets A Christmas Carol. It was wild. We're just sitting in the gym WATCHING A MOVIE. It was lots of fun though. President and Sister Baker are the best! It was fun to see Sister Anderson and Sister Caldwell too. It's always fun to be around so many other missionaries. They gave us a stocking and our letters there. Thank you Mom and Dad. They were perfect. You always know just what to say. Dad, there were sisters surrounding me looking at all of the jokes. We were dying at some of them. THANK YOU.
B didn't come to church yesterday but we did go Christmas caroling to her last night and she was super grateful for that. She's going to get baptized one day even if it takes a long time. I love her a lot. We had a District Fast yesterday. We're going to see miracles this transfer. I know it.
I am soo grateful to get to spend Christmas in Kempsville. I will never ever forget this Christmas and I am so grateful for all of the service opportunities that we've been having. Our ward is the best! I'm learning to focus on the real meaning of Christmas since I'm away from all of you beautiful people that I love so much. What a neat time to be serving the Lord as His missionary. I can't wait to talk to all of you! It's been a long 7 months. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love, Sister Szabo
We did a white elephant exchange after District Meeting and had LOTS of candy and the elders stole the Christmas tree from off the stage and put it in the High Council room for our meeting. I love my District.
We went Christmas caroling with some members last night to all our investigators and less actives.
We made gingerbread houses after. None of the group pictures turned out because it's too hard to get 4 missionaries and collapsing gingerbread houses to all look good in one picture BUT Elder Muncy helped me fix mine so of course we had to take a picture after. He's possibly the best District Leader ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment