Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I looked at the pictures first and was kind of in shock that there were only three of you at the Thanksgiving dinner table this year. WHAT?! Life is so crazy! Grandma didn't even come over this year? Also, funny that it looks like you bought the pumpkin pie this year since the profesh is across the country :) 

I had collared greens and corn pudding for Thanksgiving this year. If I didn't realize I was across the country before, I do now :) We went to the Brimhalls in the morning (as you already know from the video. Isn't Sister Brimhall the cutest?). I now know how to make a pumpkin roll. After we went to the Curriers. We played games and ate way too much food and had a lot of fun! Last Sunday Bishop Udy said that he was stretching out his stomach in preparation for Thanksgiving and I thought wow I have literally been stretching out my stomach for the past 6 months in preparation for this holiday because we basically eat a Thanksgiving feast every night. "Our diet starts tomorrow." Harvard Sailing Team? Watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It's hilarious and obviously not appropriate for a missionary to watch. Sorry. During personal study on Thanksgiving morning I read Alma 26:36-37. Such a tender mercy. God is so aware of me, even when I'm a "wanderer in a strange land." If we've figured it out right I should be home for Thanksgiving next year which makes me happy and really it makes these holidays better here because I know they'll be my only ones. 

In District Meeting Elder Kjerengtroen (our Zone Leader) said randomly that someone once told him "Have the faith to drop all of your investigators." He definitely said it just for us. We've been scared to drop them because they fill up our time but they're definitely not progressing so we're going to "stop actively teaching" (as Sister Landon puts it) T and M. We just can't keep in contact with them. BUT we did have a lesson with B on Saturday and J came..J can be kind of intense sometimes and so I prayed really hard during the lesson that the Spirit would give us the words to say because it was not going so well and really what happened is that I bore my testimony with more sincerity than I think I ever have and B said she would come to church and the Ward Christmas party next week! I love her a whole lot and I hope she keeps progressing.

I read Alma 23:6 this week during my personal study too and was reminded that my purpose as a missionary is to help people believe (have a testimony) and become converted to the Lord. I get frustrated when people know that this is true and aren't willing to live it. But that's when they need that conversion and the Lord will help us know how to best help them I guess. 

I love you all! Thank you for everything! Sister Sanchez is cutting our hair today after this. Secretly I want to tell her to cut me straight across bangs again but I guess I can wait one more year because my hair is already wild as it is :) LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Szabo

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING PICTURES!



No comments:

Post a Comment