Monday, December 9, 2013

OH MY GOSH! MCKAY IS HOME! Tell him hello for me. My mind is kind of blown right now. I miss all of you a lot. Sister Zondler's son came home from his mission last week and it's so weird to talk to him. It made me realize that I'm so sad that one day that will be me though. Not because I'm not excited to come home, I definitely can't wait to see y'all but one day I'll have to leave here and that's sad. It's kind of more that I'm sad I'll have to leave Kempsville actually. I would be so happy to stay here for my entire mission. I may or may not have cried yesterday because I'm afraid that I'm going to get transferred. I know that God is probably just laughing at me because He knows what's best for me and I just think that I do but I'm praying really hard to be able to accept the Lord's will right now. 

We had our Ward Christmas Party on Satuday. We helped set up for it and then I think the best way to describe it is that I felt like I was at Molly's farewell again. I was running around like a crazy woman helping with everything and then when it came time that I actually got to sit down and eat I couldn't even do it because I felt like I needed to be up helping with something. I secretly kind of loved it. I like staying busy. I told Sister Landon and the elders that it was just preparing us for the rest of our lives. Elder Muncy just laughed when I told him that his wife is going to be Relief Society President one day and he'll be laying our worthless decorations for Ward Christmas Parties. P.S. Sister Six had me "man" the table to make sure the food didn't run out/replace it when it did..Who knew that helping Susan with all of those receptions was preparing me for my mission. 

I kind of don't even what else to write about this week. We raked a lot of leaves and it was super weird because IT'S DECEMBER and we were raking leaves? What? There's supposed to be snow on the ground! It's good though because it makes it not seem like the holiday season which makes it easier to not be so homesick. I am really really grateful to be a missionary. I was thinking a lot about how mad it makes me that it's hard for me to be here sometimes because really I know this is where I'm supposed to be and I am so blessed to be here. Stupid Satan. 

I love you all! Thank you for writing! Have the best best week! And I'll talk to you in 16 days!

Love, Sister Jamie


Look how HUGE that bag is. We raked leaves for B this week and it took us forever and we had so much fun doing it! The next day I was so sore and we realized when we again raked leaves the next day that it was because I was basically doing squats for hours getting the leaves into the bag while Sister Landon held the bag. I love service!


No comments:

Post a Comment