Monday, December 16, 2013

I (of course) have so much to tell you again. We got a transfer call yesterday. We were pretty sure we were going to get one but we really didn't want to. President Baker called so I at first assumed that Sister Landon was training and then he started with her and said she's being transferred to Salem (which is literally right next to us. They're in our district) and I thought "Oh no we're both being taken out of Kempsville" and then he said "Sister Szabo I know you've been in Kempsville for a long time but I need you to train a new missionary." and I about had a heart attack. I was silent for a good few seconds and then realized that he was waiting for me to respond. I have freaked out about five million times and I'm one hundred percent terrified BUT I know that this is what the Lord needs me to do. I can already see the ways that He's been preparing me for this. So,on Thursday I'll go get my new missionary and lucky for her she gets to call her family next week! What? I think the Lord knew I needed to wait 6 months to be able to skype with y'all so that when I did I could really say to you that I love it here and wouldn't leave for anything. I'm SO excited to see all of your beautiful faces next week! What in the world Christmas is so soon. Also, we have a Christmas program Friday so I'll get to see Sister Caldwell and Sister Anderson (assuming she didn't get transferred because she's training) and Sister Landon so that will be lots of fun. 

We had a Mission Conference on Tuesday. Elder Perkins and his wife came for a mission tour. It was from 9-4. It was stinkin long but SO good. He talked about reaching our full potential on our missions and how if we don't we'll have a hard time doing it after too and it really made me think about if I'm reaching my full potential and I don't think that I am so it's time to work harder and be better :) He also talked to us about his opportunity of getting to go in with one of the 12 when they were assigning mission calls and he talked about how many they did in that one day and how really averaging it out they only spend about 40 seconds on each missionary and how they don't have time to read the little bio that we write up and it hit me then that this is really EXACTLY where the Lord needs me to be because whoever the apostle was that assigned my call to me did not have time to read that this is where Mom went and how knowing that I'm serving in the same place she did has been the biggest blessing for me so it really had to come from the Lord. 

We were at the Zondlers for dinner on Thursday and Sister Zondler was showing us some pictures from Keegan's mission and all of the sudden I see Seth Bangerter and I start freaking out and then I see Dallin Fuller and I start freaking out even more! And then I was talking to Keegan yesterday at the Christmas Contada (which was awesome but I'll have to tell you about it later) and he said that he knows Caden Taylor too. What in the world! This is such a small world. I was freaking out. What are the chances that I even saw those pictures and that he knows all these people that I do. It was a definite tender mercy. The Lord is so aware of us. Keegan told me all of these cool things that Caden did on his mission too so that was fun. When he first said that he knew Caden the first thing out of my mouth was "He took me on my first date!" and then I was super embarrassed and I should really think before I speak. It's fine. 

And oh my goodness I almost forgot, most importantly, B CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY! And Sister M did too (she's a LA we've been working with for months.) I was so happy! Elder Perkins talked to us about being more bold which I am awful at! I hate confrontation but it's working miracles for us. Yay!

Well I again have been a bad judge of time so I'm almost out of time and I still have so much to tell you but I love you all! I'll talk to you in 9 days! Yay! Merry Christmas!

Love, Sister Szabo

p.s. we helped at the food distribution on Saturday and I was told that they do it differently in Utah but it was one of the neatest things that I've ever gotten to do. This church is so true!

 We made gingerbread houses for zone preparation day last week!
District Meeting. SUCH an awful picture but it is what it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment