We helped at EARLY MORNING seminary this week. I cannot believe that people get up that early every day. Thank goodness for Utah and release time. It was fun though. They were doing a seMTC so Sister Brimhall had us and the elders both teach at it. The youth in this ward are amazing!
This week we had dinner at the Ambridges and they had their nonmember friends over. That morning I had felt like I should put one of those Book of Mormon's that you sent me with your testimonies in them in my bag, thinking "I'm not just going to give this to just anyone but how will I ever give it out if it's not in my bag." and as their friends were leaving the Spirit told me "Give her a Book of Mormon and invite her to read it." And I thought "That's so awkward. My bag is way over there and they're on their way out the door." Then I realized I knew that I would regret not listening to the Spirit so I went and opened my bag and saw the hardcover Book of Mormon and the Spirit said, "Give them that one." So I did. And she was the happiest person that I've ever seen be given a Book of Mormon. One day they're going to get baptized. Moral of the story. ALWAYS follow the promptings you get from the Holy Ghost.
Something that I've really been learning is that the Holy Ghost more often doesn't give "exact" answers but as we "go and do" He gives us that good feeling that we know what we're doing is right. I probably should have realized that a long time ago but you learn something new every day right :)
We had dinner at the Bishop's house last night and he said "Your mission is to help the members help their neighbors have a change of heart." I've been thinking a lot about how I can help people have that change of heart because I know that that's when there was a change for me, when I chose to let the Lord change my heart. It really hit me because I know member missionary work is the ONLY way this work will continue to hasten but I had never really thought of it that way. He also gave us lots of good advice and I was feeling real overwhelmed and having lots of thoughts of inadequacy and no hesitation after I had thought "I'll never be bold enough. I'll never be a good enough missionary." The Spirit said "EXCEPT with the Lord's help." The Atonement is so real. And naps are too so hopefully I don't die this week from the flu or something. I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love, Sister Szabo
Sister Barnes and Sister Landon hit 1 year this week.
Sister Ellis took us to get ice cream after we went Visiting Teaching with her. I love her a lot. She's fun.
We went to the beach again. It was super cold again and we didn't even do anything except stand there and watch the water but we quite enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment