Monday, March 31, 2014

Life is good in Havelock. We had a busy busy week. By looking at our calendar I think that every week is going to be like this. I like it though. Being busy makes time go by fast. I was just telling Sister Hurley the other day though that I'm sad how fast it's going already because we have so much fun every day. I really love her a lot.
We had MLC on Wednesday so Tuesday night we went and spent the night with the Great Bridge Sisters. It was like a big sleepover. It was weird to be there though because that's where I used to go on exchanges to. It was fun to see Sister Caldwell and Sister Anderson at MLC too. 
On Thursday we went on an exchange with the Morehead Sisters. I stayed in Havelock and I was terrified because I had to drive and I don't know the area at all yet. It was soo good though. We had so many teaching opportunities and Sister Averett was so much fun! We exchanged back at District Meeting and then right after District Meeting went straight on another exchange with the Harkers Island Sisters. Harkers Island is like being in a movie. It's ridiculous and I love it. I went with Sister Misdom and it was so much fun! We realized that we could never be companions because we would never get anything done because we have too much in common so we would just talk all day every day. I love her! (p.s. Ang do you know her little brother, Matt Misdom? He used to play lacrosse I guess.) 
I love getting to know the other sisters so much better. Sister Averett's companion, Sister Hymas, is from Pleasant Grove as well and we all live super close to each other. It's going to be a party when we all get home. 
It's crazy because Sister Hurley and I aren't companions for days and it makes things CRAZY but I really do love it. I'm learning so much already. 
This area is amazing. We found 2 new investigators this week and the investigators we're already working with are sooo great! One of them is a girl named A, she's 17 and has a 2 year old daughter. Her older brother got baptized a few months ago and she is so prepared. She's so willing to accept everything we teach her. We walk with her to church and it's so much fun. She's set for the 19th and I really think that she's going to make it. 

We got to watch the broadcast at this member's home because that's where the entire Relief Society was watching it. They live right on the water and I may or may not have fell in love with their home. They already signed up to feed us on my birthday and I was almost crying I was so happy. This ward is full of the nicest people. The broadcast was super good! It's always fun to think too that Mom, Mols and I are watching it in completely different places and completely different times for us. I'm jealous that you got to go to it Mom. 

I'm excited for this upcoming week. We're going to have a waffle bar before Conference on Sunday and I'm real excited about it. We have a lot of teenage investigators so we think that it may help them to come. 

I love you all A WHOLE LOT! Happy April tomorrow!

Love, Sister Szabo

MLC (Mission Leader Conference)
Sister Snow, Sister Hurley, Sister Szabo, Sister Caldwell
 Sister Szabo, Sister Caldwell
 We rode up to Virginia with the Zone Leaders, Elder Bluemel and Elder Adams ( Elder Adams is from PG and he lives SO close to us. We know all of the same people. It's weird. He's in Tyler Flinders ward actually. We found it funny that we had to come across the country to meet.)
 Sister Hurley, Sister Szabo, Sister Anderson, Sister Caldwell. It's real fun seeing old companions
All of the STL's (sister leader trainers) and Sister Baker 
EXCHANGES
 Morehead Sisters. Sister Szabo, Sister Hymas, Sister Averett, Sister Hurley
 Harkers Island Sisters. Sister Dodds, Sister Misdom, Sister Szabo, Sister Hurley
 PARTY!
hese are just for fun. They're blurry..sorry! We had lots of fun at our sleepover and slid down the stairs on our air mattress. I love being a missionary. We're entertained by the smallest things.



No comments:

Post a Comment