ANG! You're such a stud! I'm sooo excited for you! Adriatic South is soo lucky! And you're going to be a champ speaking Albanian for the rest of your life. I'm pumped for you. Also, your shirt was way cute in the video. Thanks for sending that to me! I may have cried while watching it. I have a friend who's serving there so I emailed her today and hopefully she'll email me back by next week and I can tell you all about it!
Alright, so I'm getting transferred. 10 months in Kempsville was long enough I guess :( I'm super sad about leaving. I love this place SO much. And mostly I love this ward. They're so amazing! And there's so much good work going on here. I'm excited to see everything that's going to happen here in the coming months.
I'm getting transferred to Havelock, NC. Yes dad, right about now you can say "I guessed right." I'm terrified and excited and all of the above. A member showed me it on her phone yesterday and it's SO FAR AWAY. It's at the bottom of our mission about I think. Holy smokes! It's like a 3 hour drive. I get to ride on the transfer van on Thursday though so that will be fun. Also, I'm being a STL. AH! Good thing the Lord knows what He's doing because I sure don't. I'm not even sure I quite know how to be a missionary yet so here we go... My companion is going to be Sister Hurley and that's about all I know about her. I heard it's a small military town so at least I'll get to experience something really different. Also, I get to see Sister Caldwell and Sister Anderson at MLC every month so that will be fun! Exchanges will be a new adventure I guess and I'll have to learn to love them.
I don't even know what happened this week now. Transfer calls seem to trump all so all I remember is that Monday was possible the funnest day that I've had on my mission so far. We went to Goodwill and 2 of my skirts were 50% off. You can't beat $2.50 people. We played kickball and ultimate frisbee in Norfolk with our zone and it was soo much fun! And then we went to dinner with the McKelveys and they took us to the cutest place at the Oceanfront. I may be obsessed with them and am sad that I won't get to see them anymore. It's fine. Then we went to Joseph Ankney's Court of Honor. Sister Ankney is the best and invited all of their nonmember neighbors. It was a good good day.
Besides that all I remember is that we did a lot of service. OH and you guys, I found this thing on lds.org. It has all of these pictures and cute quotes. It's like pinterest. I was soo happy! Holy smokes. I was freaking out and Sister Cahoon didn't quite appreciate it as much as I did. I just wanted to call Mom on the phone right then and tell her all about it. I find joy in the small things..it's fine.
I love you all! I'm sorry this is a lameo squamo email. Hopefully next week I'll have lots of exciting new things to talk about.
Love, Sister Szabo
Also, add this to the letter, I almost forgot to tell you..
On Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference and President Lambourne presented the Total Contact to the Stake. It was awesome! And then we did it right then after the adult session. We taught our ward the restoration and then asked them for referrals and then less actives that we could go see. There's a whole lot more that goes into it but it's super cool. Revelation is real. We got almost just as many nonmember referrals as we did less actives. There's so much good work going on in this stake. I'm sad to leave it. And on Sunday it was a broadcast and L. Tom Perry spoke. SO good! Being a missionary in Virginia is super neat!
he Walkers had us over for breakfast today! We made clover pancakes with bacon as a stem. It was fun. It made up for not being home to have green eggs and ham.
It was Elder Wood's birthday on Tuesday so for our lunch hour we threw him a birthday party in the church kitchen! We had cereal and it was real fun!
4th of July to St. Patricks Day. I love Kempsville.
New clothes from Goodwill!
We made our yellow desserts from Aunt Delaine!
And then the next day we had to make another pie because it was Pi Day! Happy Pi Day!
I had to say goodbye to Barbara yesterday. She's the cutest little thing isn't she? She gave me a skirt as something to remember her by. I'm going to miss her.
No comments:
Post a Comment