Monday, June 16, 2014

"He already paid the price so you can keep the change."

HAPPY FATHERS DAY YESTERDAY DAD! 
Hope you had a good good day! I missed you a lot but I'm very grateful for everything that you have/are still teaching me that helps me be a better missionary every day.
Funny that Molly had the same idea as me and had someone send you a picture as well. I thought I was being so creative :) 
Also, your hash tags are HILARIOUS! Molly has trained us all well.

We had an interesting week. The beginning of the week was really slow and my faith was definitely tested because I thought there was no way that we were going to make our weekly goals. BUT on Saturday miracles happened! It was awesome. We were able to see so many people and have tons of lessons and had members come with us and it was great. This ward is so great I can't even believe it sometimes. Also Brother Humphreys is doing WORK as our new WML. He makes sure that our meetings all include action items and it's the best thing that ever happened to missionary work. I love that man. I'm glad that he called you. I'm sure that he would love for you to call him back too. Yesterday I was exhausted and he asked me 3 different times if I was doing okay. He told me he was being my papa for the day and I wanted to cry it was so nice. I want you to meet him someday. You would love him. He has your sense of humor Dad :) He had us do interviews with him after one of our coordination meetings. He told me that Sister Hurley and I are two different birds sitting on the same branch singing a different tune but it still sounds beautiful. It made me happy.

This week I read through the blessings that I was promised when I was set-apart again and it's neat to see how some of those blessings are happening here in Havelock. 

We got a new Relief Society President this week. Since I've been here we've gotten a new Bishop, WML, EQ President, RS President, YM President, Primary President and the Sunday School President just got put in the EQ Presidency so that's about to change too. Basically the entire Ward Council is different. Military wards are a whole lot of fun. 

Last year people used to always tell me that they couldn't breathe because of the humidity and I didn't know what they were talking about because it just made me gross and sweaty but this year I know what they mean. Sometimes it takes your breath away because it's so THICK. We've got a long humid summer ahead of us. Holy smokes. Good thing I love this place and I've given up on my hair.

Hey I love you all. I can't believe it's June already. 
Thank you for writing. And for being so great.

Love, Sister Szabo

SLUMBER PARTY!
This is from our slumber party the night before MLC. Sister Griffin just emailed them to me this week.
It's the Chesapeake, Goldsboro and Kinston STL's 

Sister Griffin, Sister Snow, Sister Smith, Sister Hurley, Sister Jacobson, Sister Beifuss, Sister Szabo

Elder Adams introduced us to dipped cones at DQ and since he went home last week we went and got some in memory of him

No comments:

Post a Comment