We're in Greenville this week for a Sisters Preparation Day and we're having Christmas in July. We had interviews this week and I decided to buck up and have the courage to ask President if Sister Hurley and I could sleep over in Greenville last night so we didn't have to spend so much of our preparation day driving and he said yes! It was fun. All of the Greenville Sisters and the Washington Sisters are coming. We drew names and the G1 and GYSA Sisters decorated their apartment all cute. We're all pretty excited about it! And after this Sister Hurley and I are going to visit Abi in the hospital, one last time. She comes home tomorrow! Thank you for your prayers :)
We went on exchanges with the Kinston and the Morehead Sisters this week. I went with Sister Bagley to Kinston and it was really good. Sister Bagley has been up in Jamestown for 9 months of her mission and she's having a hard time being down in North Carolina so we were able to have a good chat because guess who else that happened to.. :) She's a lot of fun. We made it a goal for our exchange to ask every last person that we talked to for referrals and we saw so many miracles. It was cool. The first person we forgot to ask we went back and knocked again on their door and asked them and it was terrifying but you bet that we didn't forget again the rest of the day.
I went to Morehead with Sister Averett. She is so crazy we had so much fun! We even went tracting which I haven't done in forever and I do not miss it. I was so disgusting. The humidity is killing me here. My body does not agree with it one bit no matter how much water I drink. It's not 30 seconds after we walk outside and I'm a sweaty mess. SICK. Morehead is fun though. I got to meet a lot of the members because the Sisters are boss about including members in all of their teaching appointments and it was fun. Lots of fun old ladies.
We saw tons of miracles this week! We've had a slow couple of weeks and this past week we set high goals and we were able to hit almost all of them (except for our referrals because we stink at remembering to ask everyone. boo. we're working on it.) We were able to teach so many people and it was neat.
One cool experience which really isn't that cool I guess but I stink at talking with everyone because I'm a scaredy cat but we went with Brother Humphreys and the elders to take the sacrament to this lady who can't come to church and when we pulled in there was this guy sitting on his front porch thing with a fan blowing on them and before I could second-guess myself I said "Sister Hurley lets go talk to that guy" so we went and he's awesome and he said he said when he read the last two paragraphs in the Book of Mormon that he felt something and that he knows there's something about this that he likes. He also told us we were "prayer warriors" which we thought was pretty cool.
Another miracle was the L came to church! She was supposed to be baptized tomorrow but that's obviously not happening. She reset herself for the 29th though and she is serious about coming to church. She had a heart to heart with her mom about it and she loved church. She was the only young women there yesterday and she thought it was great. I love her a lot. Who knew that I was going to teach all these youth and love them so much :)
Well I love y'all a whole stinkin lot.
Read the Book of Mormon.
Or the Old Testament. Sister Hurley and I have been reading it together and it's so weird!
And keep being great. This gospel is 100% true.
Oh! And read "The Prophet Joseph Smith" from last General Conference. stinkin legit.
Have a good week!
Love, Sister Jamie
EXCHANGE PICTURES
Sister Averett & Sister Szabo
Sister Bagley, Sister Parry, Sister Hurley, Sister Szabo
This is the Escobar family. They moved to St. George this week. I miss them already.
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
happy Christmas in July!
We bet on the Argentina Netherlands game this week and I lost so I had to buy Sister Hurley a frosty..but don't worry because I won the Germany Argentina game so now she owes me a slushy from Sonic. No we do not promote gambling because we are representatives of Jesus Christ :)
Last Monday we went to the Mullinex's house and wrote letters on their lawn chairs and then had FHE with them and all their friends. It was lovely. I love the water and the gospel.
These are pictures from Sister Averett from last week!
The 3rd picture is at the Pepsi shop and the really bright one is when we were on the bridge watching fireworks in New Bern. The next one is of our District right now and then the last one is from a long time ago after we decorated the morehead sisters car for her birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment