Monday, July 7, 2014

"True freedom only comes through Jesus Christ"

Happy late 4th of July! Holy smokes I love that holiday so much. It sounds like y'all had a good day! I'm glad you got to spend it with the Spencers. It's weird to me that Nathan is on his mission. I'm getting so old!

We had Zone Meeting and we have a District Leader Council that Sister Hurley and I also attend and the Zone Leaders started out with a freedom of religion video from lds.org and then they had decorated the gym (where we have zone meeting) with all these American flags. I legitimately almost started crying I was so happy. It was embarrassing but I'm over it. I didn't realize how much I enjoy celebrating holidays :) We had a non-proselyting day so after Zone Meeting we all stayed in New Bern and partied! 





[Happy Canada Day/Happy 4th of July - She was a good sport about all of it. and yes dad Sisters do the "daughter" thing too :)]


 We went to lunch with the Morehead Sisters and then I made everyone go to Target!!! (I haven't been since I was in VA Beach and I've missed it!)
 and then we found Nicholas Sparks house #girlswillbegirls 
 and then went to the church and played basketball and speed and spoons and had lots of fun and then we watched fireworks in New Bern. It was so much fun! We also are super lucky in Havelock because since so many people had their power out on the 4th Havelock did their fireworks on the 5th and we went with Ashley Creech and her family so we got to go and it was one of the stinkin best firework shows I've ever seen. I was loving every second of it.

 [Sister Escobar. I love her! She reminds me of Mom. They're moving to St. George this week so I told them I'm going to show up at their door when I get home.]

But before all of that craziness rewind to Monday..we drive to Harkers Island with the Morehead Sisters then on Tuesday Sister Hurley and I leave for Virginia and we have to drive ourselves this time because we have to take the Greenville 2nd Sisters car up to get registered and my gps decides to not find a signal so we get lost the entire way there (good thing I've already had experience with all of the times that Mols and I got lost) so we finally make it to Chesapeake and we sleepover and have so much fun with Sister Snow and Sister Griffin and we go to MLC the next day and it's sooo good! 
[This is an alumni news wall but Sister Hurley and I made it on while we're still on our missions..thanks to Elder Adams!]

MLC (mission leader conference)

No comments:

Post a Comment