Monday, July 21, 2014

"Life doesn't have a remote so get up and change it."

Wow wow wow! I don't even know where to start. This week was wild! 

We had transfer calls this week and sadly we got one. Sister Hurley is going to Mt. Pleasant to open it to sisters and is training. Her new companion is so stinkin lucky. She's going to be so great. And I'm staying in Havelock which I am real happy about. I love this tiny little military town more than I ever thought I would. Sister Hymas is coming to be my companion and I'm really excited about it. She's such a good missionary and she's from PG so we're bound to be best friends for the rest of our lives :) We've been in the same district for the past 3 transfers so we've already made all these plans for when we get home and now they'll just really happen! (She's the one who I watched the video of her opening her mission call because she's friends with Celeste.) 

We saw so many miracles this week! It was insane! 
some of my favorites:
one -  L is AMAZING. She called us on Wednesday frantic to get to young womens because she wanted to go so bad and then on Thursday we brought one of the young women with us to a lesson with her and she invited L to go swimming the next day and then we had a lesson in the young womens home after (which is part of the blue book for our stake initiatives). L was supposed to get baptized on the 29th but we have to drive to Virginia that night for MLC so we're moving it to the next week. I'm bitter about it because I hate that it's our fault but such is life. L was cool with it. She's so ready to be baptized. She's made such a change since I first got here.
two - TI! We love love love T. She's dating one of our other investigators, B who lives with a recent convert, Be. We met her on Wednesday night and since then we've taught her the Restoration and Plan of Salvation, she's made us dinner twice, drove us to a baptism in Greenville, she's read to 1 Nephi 7, she came to church and stayed all 3 hours and brought Ben with her and we're hanging out with her today and she's coming to FHE. She's amazing! She's going to get baptized. I know it. The only thing she's missing right now is a baptismal date. 
three - Be, recent convert mentioned above, is awesome. He's made so much change in the past week. I think much of which is because of T. He's been reading the scriptures every day. He came to church for the first time in a month. He came with us to lessons. He came with us to the baptism and even offered to drive us until T said she would. He's a stinkin missionary and he doesn't even realize it.
four - Elder Matheson, who's currently my zone leader, told us a story at District Meeting on Friday about this guy who recently got baptized in one of his old areas. As he's telling the story and what a miracle it is, he goes "Oh wait! Sister Szabo you were the one who called me and told me that you had talked with him about the gospel at dinner that night and that I needed to call him." The guy was T (the kid who I taught who got baptized in VA Beach) mom's boyfriend and we had dinner at their house one night and the boyfriend was asking all these questions and so we gave him a Book of Mormon and called the elders that night and told them that they needed to call this guy and start teaching him. 
five - half way through the week we realized that we were already stinkin close to making our member present goal for the week so we decided that we should up it to this ridiculous amount because why not? And then, we exceeded the high goal that we set. The Lord is so good. It was so much fun to see all the miracles that happened as we worked our "slacking butts off" (as B and T call us because we're always late to appointments). 
six - that I get to email all you lovelys today. I love you guys a lot.

Now to talk about what everyone is really freaking out about..ANG YOU GO INTO THE MTC SO SOON! Only 10 days?! I remember when were skyping Molly right before I came and I had 10 days left. Now it's your turn. You're going to rock it. Promise me you'll email me.

Have a beautiful week! I read this quote today from Richard G. Scott and the Spirit rebuked me but I thought it was good.. "You will soon learn that everybody has problems and no body wants to hear about yours. Put those things aside and smile." 
On a lighter note, " May each of us DO and BECOME better through the Savior's Atonement."

Love, Sister Jamie

#christmasinjuly



exchange with Washington Sisters

you'll have to excuse the lack of cropping. it looks like we were trying to get a picture of our car. and sister harrison is covered by part of the bike rack hahaha

pictures with people because Sister Hurley is leaving
 Sister Hankins, Sister Szabo, Lindsey, Sister Hurley and Bethany
Renee and Jordan. We LOVE them. Jordan sat by me in Sunday School yesterday and I may have just helped him write notes the entire time #badexample

p.s. Dad I know you're cringing at my hair right now. It's fine. It's hot and humid and this way it only takes me less than five minutes to do my hair :)

favorite picture of the week
Sister Hurley, Ben, Sister Szabo, Tori on our way to Greenville for the baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment